Girl, 13, who was missing since her parents were shot dead at home in October found in street after 'escaping kidnapper's house'

Jayme Closs, 13, fled the property – 70 miles from where were mum and dad were gunned down in Wisconsin – and flagged down a dog walker for help.

She was skinny, dirty, with matted hair and wearing shoes too big for her feet.

Reports claim she was found in town of Gordon at 4.43 pm on Thursday.

The teenager's parents, James, 56, and Denise Closs, 46, were found shot dead on October 15 and the girl missing.

Police say a suspect was taken into custody 11 minutes later and the girl is being treated in hospital.

Residents Peter and Kristin Kasinskas said  a neighbor walking a dog knocked on her door Thursday afternoon, saying: "This is Jayme Closs! Call 911!"

She said Jayme was quiet, her emotions "pretty flat," refused food and water and din't know the town she was in.

From what she told them, they believe she was there for most of her disappearance.

Peter said: "It was like I was seeing a ghost. My jaw just went to the floor."

Last night her emotional family were reunited with Jayme.

Sue Allard, Jayme's aunt, told reporters she could barely express her joy after learning the news.

"Praise the Lord," Allard said between sobs.

"It's the news we've been waiting on for three months. I can't wait to get my arms around her. I just can't wait."

The Barron County sheriff's office plans to hold a news conference Friday morning to discuss the case.

The Sheriff's department last night posted on its Facebook page: "We could not have endured this case without the support of the public and I want to thank them for all the support and help.

Detectives pursued thousands of tips, watched dozens of surveillance videos and conducted numerous searches in the effort to find Jayme.

Some tips led officials to recruit 2,000 volunteers for a massive ground search on October 23 but it yielded no clues.

Sheriff Chris Fitzgerald said at the time: "I have a gut feeling she's still alive. I've always been a glass half-full kind of guy."

Jayme's grandfather, Robert Naiberg, told the Minneapolis Star Tribune that Jayme was being treated at a hospital.

Town Chairman Denny Kline said: "A lot of people were very concerned, did a lot of praying.

"Prayers were answered, for finding her, anyway."

Mayor Ron Fladten added: "She's no doubt been through just a terrible ordeal. I think everybody wishes her a good recovery and a happy life going into the future."

The notification that Jayme had been found came just four hours after Fitzgerald had taken to Twitter to debunk a report that she had been found alive near Walworth County.


Source: Read Full Article