Ariana Grande's massive salary for 'The Voice' revealed, plus more news
Ariana Grande’s ‘Voice’ gig will reportedly break a salary record for the show
When Ariana Grande joins “The Voice” team next season, she’ll do as the highest-paid coach in the history of the show. That’s according to Rob Shuter, who reported on his latest “Naughty But Nice” podcast (via JustJared) that Ariana signed on to NBC’s Monday night staple for a deal worth $20 to $25 million. Rob says that puts her on par with Katy Perry over at ABC’s rival series, “American Idol.” Katy reportedly earns $25 million per season — which she more or less confirmed in a chat last year with Howard Stern, though she did say listeners should take the number with a “Himalayan”-sized “grain of salt.” By comparison, the current “Voice” coaches make substantially less. “Kelly Clarkson got about $15 million when she joined ‘The Voice,'” Rob said on “Naughty But Nice.” “John Legend and Blake Shelton get around $13 million a season, which means the women on the show are making the most,” he added.
RELATED: Ariana Grande’s best fashion moments
Matthew McConaughey’s still considering a run for public office after raising $7.8M for Texas storm relief
Matthew McConaughey’s still warming up to the idea of running for political office. In appearances on podcasts, chats with late-night hosts and interviews with reporters, the actor and Texas native has said he’s seriously considering a political bid — possibly as the Lone Star State’s next governor. He continued that trend Tuesday in an online conversation with CNBC for its “Work Summit” program. Asked what’s “left to be said about you and public office,” Matthew, speaking from his Airstream in Austin, told Carl Quintanilla: “The only thing I have to say is what I’ve said — and I’m not teasing the idea or anything. I’m actually trying to look at the idea and give it serious consideration. I have a new chapter for myself, personally, in my life. I believe it is in some sort of leadership role.” He cautioned that he doesn’t yet “know what that role is” or what his “category” would be. “We’ve been talking about the ‘why’ of leadership and even, I would say, we need some more good leaders. And I’m not just talking about me. I’m talking about you out there, everyone out there, we need leadership,” Matthew explained. The just keep livin foundation c0-founder added that his priority is to help the largest number of people he can while also going in whatever direction will be best for him and his family. He’s already done that this month through his “We’re Texas” fundraiser, the celeb-stuffed virtual event that raised $7.8 million in aid for victims of the winter storm that devastated Texas in February. According to THR, Matthew not only hosted the event, but also produced it, co-wrote the script, and personally booked performances by Kelly Clarkson, Kacey Musgraves, Post Malone and more.
RELATED: Stars who’ve played politicians and presidents on ‘SNL’
How Ryan Coogler handles grief while making ‘Black Panther 2’ without Chadwick Boseman
When Chadwick Boseman died after a secret battle with cancer last year, his friend and “Black Panther” director Ryan Coogler was already working on the sequel. Now, as Ryan prepares to start production on the next film, he’s still wrestling with a lot of emotions about both Chadwick’s death and the void he knows he’ll feel when shooting begins this summer. “I miss him in every way that you could miss somebody, as a friend, as a collaborator. And it sucks because I love watching movies, and I don’t get to watch the next thing he would have made,” Ryan, who, like most people in Chadwick’s world, had not been told about the actor’s illness, tells The Hollywood Reporter in a new interview. “So it’s grief on a lot of levels, but then, it’s a deep sense of gratitude because I can close my eyes and hear his voice.” Looking ahead to making the sequel, Ryan admits the process is already “difficult,” but he’s trying to push through.”You’ve got to keep going when you lose loved ones,” he explains. “I know Chad wouldn’t have wanted us to stop. He was somebody who was so about the collective. ‘Black Panther,’ that was his movie. He was hired to play that role before anybody else was even thought of, before I was hired, before any of the actresses were hired. On that set, he was all about everybody else. Even though he was going through what he was going through, he was checking in on them, making sure they were good. If we cut his coverage, he would stick around and read lines off camera [to help other actors with their performances]. So it would be harder for me to stop. Truthfully. I’d feel him yelling at me, like, ‘What are you doing?’ So you keep going.” The sequel is due out in July 2022.
Britney Spears breaks her silence on ‘Framing Britney Spears’ doc
Britney Spears has finally addressed the “Framing Britney Spears” documentary about her rise to fame, her mistreatment by the media, her conservatorship and the #FreeBritney movement sparked by the controversial legal arrangement. In a long Instagram post featuring a video of the singer dancing to Aerosmith’s “Crazy” — a clip AVClub notes has been posted to her account multiple times — Britney says that what she knows of the doc left her “embarrassed” to the point of tears. “My life has always been very speculated …watched … and judged really my whole life !!!,” the post begins. Britney goes on to say she dances to Steven Tyler’s music “every night … to feel wild and human and alive,” before delving into her feelings about spending her “whole life … exposed” as a performer. “It takes a lot of strength to TRUST the universe with your real vulnerability cause I’ve always been so judged… insulted… and embarrassed by the media… and I still am till this day 👎🏼👎🏼👎🏼 !!!! As the world keeps on turning and life goes on we still remain so fragile and sensitive as people !!!,” she continues. “I didn’t watch the documentary but from what I did see of it I was embarrassed by the light they put me in … I cried for two weeks and well …. I still cry sometimes !!!!” She then returns to her seeming mantra of trying not to worry about the outside world too much. “I do what I can in my own spirituality with myself to try and keep my own joy … love … and happiness ✨🙏🏼 ☀️ !!!!,” she writes. “Every day dancing brings me joy !!! I’m not here to be perfect … perfect is boring … I’m here to pass on kindness 💋💋💋 !!!!” Most fans responded with messages of support. “I don’t think we saw it that way,” wrote one commenter. “We saw someone who was obviously exploited by the media. We saw someone suffering in the public eye and we are hurt for you.” Others, however, found the message suspicious. “The documentary was SUPPORTIVE. Is this really Britney writing? 🤨” asked one. Others simply chimed in with, “Britney did not post this” on repeat. The post comes amid new reports claiming Britney’s father, Jamie Spears — who’s been fighting her in court to maintain control over her life through the conservatorship — wants Britney’s estate to cover the millions in legal fees he’s accrued in that battle. Jamie, by the way, continues to pay himself $16,000 a month out of Britney’s estate for his role as co-conservator. He reportedly funnels an additional $2,000 a month from her estate to his bank account to pay for his office space.
Sharon Stone says she got a letter from Britney Spears asking for help in 2007
Britney Spears’ conservatorship may seem strange from the outside. But in Sharon Stone’s experience, successful women in the entertainment industry often face a loss of certain freedoms, particularly with regard to their finances.Sharon, who shared some of the abuses she’s suffered over the years in her new memoir, “The Beauty of Living Twice,” revealed on “The Kelly Clarkson Show” this week that she received “a very long and important and poignant letter” from Britney in 2007, the year she had a public breakdown after spending her childhood, teenage years and young adulthood in the spotlight. Sharon explained to Kelly that when she got the letter, she, too, was dealing with an extremely difficult set of circumstances that left her unable to offer much help or advice. “And the true fact of it is it’s very hard to be a very successful woman and not have everyone controlling you, taking your finances, and handling you,” Sharon said, according to Vulture. “There’s a huge breaking point, and there’s a point where you get broken.” The actress added that she also knows firsthand how hard it can be to get control over your life again once it’s been taken away during a challenging time.
Jeannie Mae and Jeezy apply for their marriage license in Georgia
It looks like Jeannie Mae and Jeezy are planning to say “I do” sometime in the next six months. On Wednesday, People confirmed the couple has applied for a marriage license with Georgia’s Fulton County Court Clerk. Assuming the license is issued, that would give them half a year to tie the knot. Jeannie, who still co-hosts “The Real” after a medical emergency forced her to bow out of “Dancing With the Stars” last year, met Jeezy on the set of the talk show; the two reportedly started dating in late 2018. “We both went through enough in our life to connect on the understanding that love should feel safe, honest, and pure,” Jeannie told People the following year. “Immediately, that was a magnetic attraction. The pair got engaged in March 2020.
Feds impose financial restrictions on Jen Shah, who is out on bond after arrest
“Real Housewives of Salt Lake City” star Jen Shah was out of federal custody on bond Wednesday, one day after she was arrested on charges of conspiracy to commit wire fraud and conspiracy to commit money laundering, for allegedly carrying out a telemarketing scam from 2012 until 2021. As she awaits her arraignment on Friday, the reality star will not be allowed to leave Utah, use any of her credit cards without permission or transfer any assets worth upwards of $10,000, according to TMZ. She was also forced to turn over her passport to the authorities and is, of course, banned from engaging in telemarketing activities. She and her assistant, Stuart Smith, who was arrested on the same charges, face up to 30 years behind bars for one charge and up to 20 years for the other. Jen was reportedly filming “RHOSLC” just before the feds nabbed her.
Armie Hammer dropped from ‘Billion Dollar Spy’ as his upcoming film, ‘Death on the Nile,’ is postponed again
Armie Hammer has been cut from “Billion Dollar Spy,” according to The Hollywood Reporter. The Cold War-era thriller appears to have been the last project he had on his slate of upcoming films, as the actor faces allegations of rape, an LAPD sexual assault investigation and controversy related to graphic and disturbing messages he was accused of sending. Armie denied all allegations, but as the scandals mounted in recent months, he also dropped out of multiple projects, starting with “Shotgun Wedding,” which he was set to film opposite Jennifer Lopez. “… In light of the vicious and spurious online attacks against me,” he said in a statement, “I cannot in good conscience now leave my children for four months to shoot a film in the Dominican Republic.” He later exited “The Offer,” a Paramount+ series about the making of the classic film, “The Godfather.” Armie does have at least two films completed and due for eventual release, according to imdb.He’s reportedly the semi-star of Kenneth Branagh’s “Death on the Nile,” an ensemble cast feature film that was delayed multiple times because of Disney’s acquisition of 20th Century Fox and the coronavirus pandemic. After its most recent delay — the sixth, according to Variety — it’s now slated to be released in February. One insider also told the outlet they suspect the film might skip theaters and premiere on Hulu instead. Armie, meanwhile, was reportedly living in Grand Cayman as of last month.
Paris Jackson reflects on her late father’s approach to parenting
Despite being born into wealth and a famous family, Paris Jackson says her father, Michael Jackson, taught her and her brothers to respect the value of earning and accomplishing things themselves. In a recent appearance on Naomi Campbell’s “No Filter” YouTube series, the 22-year-old singer, actress and model shared new insight into the King of Pop’s approach to parenting. In addition to “making sure we were cultured and educated,” Paris recalled (via the New York Post), “we saw everything,” including “third-world countries” and beyond. “We saw every part of the spectrum,” she shared. As for MJ’s rules? “Growing up, it was about earning stuff,” Paris said. “If we wanted five toys from FAO Schwarz or Toys R Us, we had to read five books. It’s earning it, not just being entitled to certain things or thinking, ‘Oh, I got this.’ It’s like working for it, working hard for it — it’s, it’s something else entirely. It’s an accomplishment.” When Naomi teased that she shouldn’t have to bother going to casting calls given her level of celebrity, Paris said she still believes she “should earn everything” she gets. “I need to,” Paris explained. “I go to auditions, I work hard, I study scripts, I do my thing.” Paris was 11 when Michael died in June 2009.
Source: Read Full Article