Celine Dion Denis Claims She Refused To Pay Commissions To Talent Agency
Canadian singer Celine Dion has refuted claims she refused to pay commissions owed to her longtime agent Rob Prinz and ICM Partners from a $500 million multi-year touring deal she signed in 2017.
In the statement, posted on Dion’s Facebook page, the singer claims a report from Billboard was inaccurate and that it was she who terminated her deal with Prinz and ICM Partners in writing on May 7, 2018.
“I’m sad and disappointed by this false report that I’m refusing to pay ICM or Rob Prinz. I know that my team has made several very fair and generous offers to them and we really put a lot of effort in trying to work things out,” said Dion.
She also said the Billboard report “publicly harmed” her integrity with their allegedly false statements.
An internal ICM memo first reported by Billboard explained that the agency was cutting ties with the Canadian superstar. The memo read as follows:
“As many of you are aware, Rob Prinz has represented Celine Dion for over 30 years (since the beginning of her career), including her unprecedented $500 Million, multi-year touring and performing deal which she signed in 2017. Unfortunately, Ms. Dion is refusing to pay the balance of commissions she owes the agency on this historic deal. Please know that we have made every effort to amicably resolve this matter. While we continue to admire and respect her extraordinary talent as an artist, regrettably we are left with no choice but to initiate a legal proceeding to secure the compensation we are owed, and as such we will no longer be representing her. Thanks in advance for your understanding.”
Dion last year announced she would be ending her residency at The Colosseum At Caesars Palace in June 2019. She has performed more than 1,000 shows in Vegas since 2003.
Source: Read Full Article