Jessica Simpson said she was drunk on 'Ellen' in 2017: 'I can't even watch the interview'
- Jessica Simpson confessed she was drunk on "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" in 2017.
- Simpson discussed her tell-all memoir "Open Book" with "Today" on January 29 and called the interview on DeGeneres' show a "weak moment."
- "I can't even watch the interview," she said. "It was a weak moment for me and I wasn't in the right place. I had started a spiral and I couldn't catch up with myself, and that was with alcohol," she told "Today."
- During her May 2017 appearance on "The Ellen DeGeneres Show," Simpson stumbled over how long she'd been married to her husband Eric Johnson, how many songs she'd written, and even discussed her contraceptive methods.
- Visit Insider's homepage for more stories.
Jessica Simpson called her drunk appearance on "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" back in May 2017 a "weak moment" for her.
Prior to the release of her tell-all memoir "Open Book" on February 4, Simpson admitted to "Today " that she was inebriated on the chat show.
The 39-year-old singer said she's still so embarassed by her behaviour that she can't bring herself to watch the interview almost three years later.
"I can't even watch the interview," she told "Today."
"It was a weak moment for me and I wasn't in the right place."
During the talk show she fumbled over topics including the length of her marriage to Eric Johnson — which she couldn't remember — and even her contraception: "No we got an IUD, nothing's going to get in that uterus," she told DeGeneres.
After DeGeneres asked about whether she was expanding her "billion dollar business," Simpson said they're always growing: "Vitamins, but hopefully they don't kill somebody over. B12. Energy."
The pair even bickered over how many songs Simpson had recorded in her home studio at the time.
"I probably have about 38 so maybe about 36 or 39," Simpson said to which DeGeners responded saying, "You don't have 38 songs."
Following the interview, people on Twitter commented saying it was: "Painful to watch" and that: "She had to 2 b high or drunk."
"I had started a spiral and I couldn't catch up with myself, and that was with alcohol," Simpson told "Today."
In her memoir, "Open Book," Simpson apologized to DeGeneres and viewers for having drank before going on-air according to The New York Times.
Her struggles with alcholism are featured throughout her book with Simpson also sharing she was "too drunk" to dress her kids on Halloween back in 2017.
"I was terrified of letting them see me in that shape. I am ashamed to say that I don't know who got them into their costumes that night," Simpson wrote.
Following that incident, Simpson said she knew "something's got to stop" which led to her asking for help. She's since been sober for more than two years.
Source: Read Full Article