Meghan Markel and Prince Harry prepping for royal baby tour in Africa
Meghan and Harry’s child hasn’t arrived just yet, but the expecting parents are planning a tour with their baby that’s fit for a king.
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex intend to take the youngest royal to Africa in the fall, when the child would be just six months old, according to a report.
If they do, the infant would break the current record holder, Prince George, the baby’s first cousin, who at eight months accompanied William and Kate, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, to Australia and New Zealand in 2014, says the Sunday Times of London.
The paper revealed last week that Prince Harry and his wife are considering moving to Africa to live and work — so as to help them to carve out a distinctive role within the royal family, away from the Cambridges, and harness their global appeal for Britain.
Their proposed African tour, requested by the government, is expected to focus on youth empowerment, education and conservation — and would last about two weeks in October, the report said.
“They hope to take the baby with them but will make a decision nearer the time,” said a palace source.
“Potentially, Meghan and the baby could do some, if not all, of the trip.”
The royal baby tour is a relatively new thing.
Charles and Diana broke with protocol in 1983 when they took a nine-month-old William on a six-week tour of Australia and New Zealand.
Then, in 2014, George proved such a hit that he was nicknamed the “republican slayer” after a poll found plunging support in Australia for breaking away from the monarchy during the tour.
It’s expected that the pending birth likely will probably spark a new wave of royal baby mania.
Already their @sussexroyal account on Instagram has more than 5 million followers.
It is not yet known which countries in Africa the couple will visit but they are likely to include Commonwealth nations.
Source: Read Full Article