Mourinho opens up on fear of being sacked at Manchester United
Jose Mourinho insists he does not fear the sack, joking it would cost Manchester United too much to get rid of him.
Mourinho eased some of the pressure on him by masterminding United’s comfortable win over Burnley on Sunday.
And he shrugged off talk that his position is vulnerable because of those back-to-back defeats to Brighton and Tottenham.
Mourinho, 55, signed a new £15million-a-year contract in January, tying him to Old Trafford until 2020, and quipped his pay-off would be too costly.
“They say I’m in danger, but I don’t think so,” he told Italian newspaper La Repubblica.
“If they sent me away, do you have any idea how much money they would have to give me?!”
Mourinho feels strengthened after a difficult summer when he felt United chief Ed Woodward did not give him enough backing in the transfer market.
He believes he has the crucial support of United fans and celebrated with them at Turf Moor, even handing one lucky fan his jacket.
“I keep saying for me it’s not important, it’s nice, of course it’s nice, but it’s not important because they support the team,” said Mourinho.
“This week was a very good week and was one when we didn’t feel in any moment that we were coming from a defeat.”
Is Jose Mourinho the best manager in the Premier League?
2000+ VOTES SO FAR
Source: Read Full Article