Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s explosive Oprah Winfrey interview reaches over 5k Ofcom complaints

Want the most up-to-date celebrity exclusives sent straight to your inbox every day? Sign up now and join the club!

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's interview with Oprah Winfrey has caused Ofcom to receive 5,380 complaints.

The "tell all" chat aired on 8 March and sent the country into shock as they made several serious allegations about the Royal Family, which resulted in the government watchdog receiving a further 207 complaints over the last week.

During the interview with the 67 year old chat show host, Meghan and Harry claimed a member of the Royal Family had "concerns" over how dark the colour of their son Archie's skin would be.

The Duchess of Sussex said she had suicidal thoughts while being an active senior member of the family but was denied help when she asked for it.

  • Prince William's fallout with Harry is the hardest thing he's gone through since losing his mother, royal expert reveals.

  • Katie Price thinks Meghan Markle was refused help for her mental health as it 'wouldn't look good'

Get exclusive celebrity stories and fabulous photoshoots straight to your inbox with OK!'s daily newsletter. You can sign up at the top of the page.

The 39 year old also claimed Prince William's wife Kate Middleton made her cry days before her wedding to 36 year old Prince Harry in 2018, but "owned it" and apologised.

Another claim Meghan made involved her marriage to Harry, who share son Archie, one, as she told Oprah they were married in a secret ceremony in their garden three days before the televised "spectacle" at Windsor.

Meghan told her: "You know, three days before our wedding, we got married. No one knows that.

  • Sign up for the BEST celebrity house tours and BIGGEST exclusive interviews

  • Download OK! magazine's FREE app and get all the gossip straight to your phone

"We called the Archbishop and we just said, 'Look, this thing, this spectacle is for the world but we want our union between us'.

"So, like, the vows that we have framed in our room are just the two of us in our backyard with the Archbishop of Canterbury."

However, the Archbishop of Canterbury has since spoken out to deny these claims, explaining that the legal wedding took place on 19 May 2018.

Become an OK! VIP and see all our exclusives – for free!

Become an OK! VIP and you will unlock access to all of our big exclusives…

Be the first to meet the latest showbiz babies, see the most sought after wedding pictures of the year, or take a guided tour around your favourite star's lavish multi-million pound home – all for free!

Sign up here

Speaking to Italian newspaper La Repubblica, 65 year old Archbishop Justin Welby explained that he held confidential meetings with Meghan and Prince Harry but did not officiate a marriage.

"If any of you ever talk to a priest, you expect them to keep that talk confidential," he told the publication. "It doesn't matter who I'm talking to. I had a number of private and pastoral meetings with the Duke and Duchess before the wedding."

He went on to insist: "The legal wedding was on the Saturday.

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle

  • Where are Prince Harry's 'exes' now …
  • Third movie about Prince Harry and M…
  • Five times royals broke beauty proto…
  • Prince Harry's new boss refuses to d…
  • Queen's head to toe green and spring florals herald the start of a new chapter

"I signed the wedding certificate, which is a legal document, and I would have committed a serious criminal offence if I signed it knowing it was false.

"So you can make what you like about. But the legal wedding was on the Saturday."

Despite making his stance on the official wedding clear, he refused to go into detail about his private meetings with Meghan and Harry as he added: "But I won't say what happened at any other meetings."

Source: Read Full Article