Rita Ora 'faces being STRANDED in Bulgaria for Christmas'
Rita Ora ‘could be STRANDED in Bulgaria for Christmas as all UK flights are suspended… after jetting abroad following lockdown-flouting bash’
- Rita Ora, 30, is reportedly concerned she won’t be able to return to the UK to spend Christmas with her family
- On Monday the Bulgarian government suspended all flights to and from the UK until 31st January 2021, following the discovery of a new variant of COVID-19
- Rita jetted to Bulgaria to film a music video and had planned to stay there until the end of the year
- The singer left the UK after publicly apologising for throwing a 30th birthday party during London ‘s lockdown in November
- After the party came to light, Rita agreed to pay a £10k fine and apologised for breaking coronavirus rules on large gatherings and household mixing
Rita Ora is reportedly facing a Christmas stranded in Bulgaria after flying abroad for a video shoot in the wake of her lockdown-flouting scandal.
The singer, 30, is allegedly concerned she won’t be able to return to the UK after the Bulgarian government suspended all flights there until January 31st, 2021 following news that a new variant of COVID-19 had been discovered in England.
Rita jetted to Bulgaria for a video shoot after publicly apologising for throwing a 30th birthday party during London’s lockdown in November, having faced huge backlash for the bash which broke the capital’s strict COVID-19 rules.
Stuck! Rita Ora, 30, is reportedly facing a Christmas stranded in Bulgaria after the government suspended all flights to and from the UK until January 31st
According to The Sun, Rita flew to Bulgaria to film her latest music video as she knew she could work in the country without drawing too much attention.
However the star is now allegedly worried she won’t be able to return to the UK to reunite with her family for Christmas.
As of Monday December 21st, the Bulgarian Government suspended all direct flights to and from the UK until 31st January 2021, and though there are exemptions, any arrivals allowed into the European country must self-isolate for 10 days.
No way back! The singer jetted abroad for a video shoot after publicly apologising for throwing a 30th birthday party during London’s lockdown in November
It came in the wake of many European countries banning travellers from the UK following news that a highly infectious new variant of COVID-19 had been discovered, sparking a huge rise in cases.
A source said: ‘Rita flew out after the party incident to take time out and reflect on everything — and work on a music video while out there.
‘But things have changed fast and she faces the prospect of being stuck for God knows how long. It’s the worst end to a nightmare few months.’
A representative for Rita Ora declined to comment when contacted by MailOnline.
It had been previously reported that Rita left the UK after facing huge backlash for hosting a party that broke COVID-19 restrictions.
Time away: Rita reportedly flew to Bulgaria to film her latest music video as she knew she could work in the country without drawing too much attention
A source said: ‘Rita has beaten herself up about her mistakes but has thrown herself back into work to take her mind off things.
‘She spent most of this year working on her music and is now hoping to return with new tracks in early 2021, with the video to one single being filmed at the moment in Bulgaria.
‘She doesn’t want to be in London right now so has booked a relaxing holiday over Christmas and New Year in the hope she can start afresh in January.’
The Mail On Sunday previously revealed that prior to her birthday Rita flew by private jet to Cairo on November 21 to perform at the five-star W Hotel.
She returned the next day and under Government quarantine rules should have self-isolated for 14 days.
Instead of this, she threw a birthday party on November 28 at the exclusive Casa Cruz restaurant in Notting Hill, West London.
For this she apologised with the following statement: ‘Hello all, I attended a small gathering with some friends to celebrate my 30th birthday.
‘It was a spur of the moment decision made with the misguided view that we were coming out of lockdown and this would be OK… I’m deeply sorry for breaking the rules and in turn understand that this puts people at risk.
‘This was a serious and inexcusable error of judgement. Given the restrictions, I realise how irresponsible these actions were and I take full responsibility.
‘I feel particularly embarrassed knowing first-hand how hard people have worked to combat this terrible illness and being fully aware of the sacrifices that people and businesses have made to help keep us all safe. Even though this won’t make it right, I want to sincerely apologise.’
She paid the hefty £10k fine for breaching these protocols, having been reported to the police, who investigated the restaurant, which, to any passers-by, looked to be closed up.
She was then forced into another grovelling apology for breaching strict coronavirus rules, amid the latest embarrassment.
She said: ‘I recently flew to Egypt to perform at a corporate event for a private company, where my travel party followed protocol and presented negative Covid tests upon entry, as required by Egyptian authorities.
‘Upon my return to Britain, I should have followed Government advice and isolated myself for the required period. As you know, I didn’t follow Government advice and… I apologise again, unreservedly.
Shocking: Rita was forced to publicly apologise after it emerged she’d hosted a 30th birthday party at a London restaurant while the country was in lockdown
‘While I realise the apologetic words of a pop star might not carry much weight, especially one who has broken the rules like I have, I do realise some might seek to follow my example.
‘My message to them is simple: please don’t. The guilt and shame I’ve carried this week for my mistake aren’t worth it. Instead, continue to listen to the Government advice and the voices of the heroes of the NHS and take the required precautions.’
She added: ‘I hope to one day make it up to the public who have given me so much support over the years and, in particular, make it up to the heroes of the NHS…
‘In the meantime, I will be donating my fee from Egypt to charity. Be better than I have been and learn from my mistakes so you don’t have to learn the hard way yourselves.’
A spokesman for the star, estimated to be worth £10 million, said she and her team had all subsequently tested negative for coronavirus.
Guidelines brought in with the lockdown between November 5 and December 2 stated that people must ‘not meet socially indoors with family or friends unless they are part of your household, meaning the people you live with, or your support bubble’.
Sorry! The celebrity took to Instagram to apologise after being caught out, and offered to pay the £10,000 for breaking the government’s strict rules
Source: Read Full Article