Rod Stewart court case over alleged hotel incident ‘unlikely’ to go to trial

We will use your email address only for sending you newsletters. Please see our Privacy Notice for details of your data protection rights.

Sir Rod Stewart, 75, and his son Sean, 40, have been charged with simple battery following an alleged incident involving security guard Jesse Dixon at a luxury hotel in Palm Beach on New Year’s Eve last year. Both men have pleaded not guilty.

Mr Dixon alleges Sir Rod and his son were part of a group that objected to being denied entry to a private party in a children’s area.

Sean is alleged to have got “nose to nose” with the security guard, while Rod is accused of punching him in the ribs.

Speaking in a brief Zoom hearing, Guy Fronstin, representing both Sir Rod and his son, said he has been in touch with prosecutors and the case is likely to be resolved before it reaches the trial stage.

He said: “We have been in communication with the state.

“We are asking for one more rollover for pre-trial.

“All indications are this is going to resolve without a trial but there’s still some work to be done on it.”

Judge August Bonavita set the next pre-trial hearing for December 4.

Neither Sir Rod or Sean were on the Zoom call.

A previous hearing was told that the defence team is trying to locate a video in relation to the case.

Back in February, a two-and-a-half minute video of the altercation was published by the Daily Mail online.

In the clip, Rod is seen approaching what appears to be an outdoor check-in desk with his wife Penny Lancaster and some of his children.

The singer could then be seen jokingly performing some dance moves around the female on the desk, appearing in high spirits.

It is believed Rod and his family were trying to get their kids into the event.

The musician could then be seen pointing at who appears to be a security guard from the hotel.

Following this, he is seen making a gesture in the air, before an altercation takes place.

A member of his group, believed to be his son Sean, appears to make a move towards the security guard.

Seconds later, Rod is also seen heading towards the guard, however his intentions are unclear.

Sean later told the Sunday Mirror newspaper: “My dad always taught me to stick up for my family and my loved ones.

“That’s what I did and the truth will prevail.”

Rod and his family had been spending time at his beachside mansion near the Palm Beach resort over the Christmas period.

The singer is yet to speak publicly about the incident.

Source: Read Full Article