Strictly Come Dancing’s Anton Du Beke tipped to ‘fill in for Motsi Mabuse’ as she’s forced to self-isolate
Get the best celeb exclusives and video house tours to your inbox every evening with our daily newsletter
After Strictly Come Dancing judge Motsi Mabuse announced she will not be in the BBC studio for two weeks due to having to self-isolate at home, Anton Du Beke has been tipped to step into her shoes.
The dancer, who heartbreakingly revealed his father physically abused him, has been reported to be joining the judging panel alongside Craig Revel-Horwood and Shirley Ballas.
Anton has a wealth of knowledge, after taking part on Strictly as a professional dancer since the very first series which aired in 2004.
The 54 year old was the first to be booted out of the current series with celebrity partner Jacqui Smith.
According to The Sun, a final decision on the casting is expected to be made soon.
Strictly Come Dancing bosses 'furious' as Katya Jones 'fears she got coronavirus from visiting shops'
Rylan Clark-Neal forced to miss two weeks of Strictly’s It Takes Two after contact with coronavirus
Get exclusive celebrity stories and fabulous photoshoots straight to your inbox with OK!'s daily newsletter . You can sign up at the top of the page.
Motsi took to Instagram on Thursday to announce her temporary exit from the show and reassured fans she'll be watching and supporting from the comfort of her home.
The South African dancer, 39, said: "Hi Guys – Earlier this week I needed to travel to Germany for an urgent reason. I will of course be following the UK government guidelines and self-isolating for 14 days.
"I'll be watching from home and by the power of technology, should be in your living rooms. Watch out though, I'll be doing my own hair and make-up," she joked.
Sign up to our daily newsletter for the BEST celebrity house tours and BIGGEST exclusive interviews
Download OK! magazine's FREE app and get all the latest gossip straight to your phone
Motsi won't be the only Strictly star not appearing on the show, as Nicola Adams and partner Katya Jones have been forced to leave the competition.
As a result of professional dancer Katya Jones testing positive for coronavirus, the duo, who are the first same-sex couple on the BBC series, have had no choice but to leave the show.
A statement from BBC bosses confirmed the unfortunate news: "Nicola Adams and Katya Jones are to leave Strictly Come Dancing after Katya tested positive for COVID-19.
"As part of the protocols outlined ahead of the series, this sadly means they will no longer be able to take part in the competition."
Strictly Come Dancing 2020: Who are the couples? Maisie Smith, Max George and Ranvir Singh meet their partners
Sharing her sadness about the news, Nicola, 38 said: "Hey guys! I’m absolutely devastated my Strictly journey has come to an end so soon. I had so much more to give and so many people to win this for!
"But I just want to say a huge thank you to Katya for being the best dance partner anyone could ask for. She pushed me way out of my comfort zone and it’s been an incredible experience."
Source: Read Full Article