10 of the Best Full-Coverage Foundations for a Flawless Complexion
Us Weekly has affiliate partnerships so we may receive compensation for some links to products and services.
To say we’ve spent at least a decade looking for the best full-coverage foundations would honestly be an understatement at most. We’re not using the same foundations we used as teens, and for good reason. We always want to find something better — something that doesn’t crease, something that lasts all day, something that properly covers up redness and blemishes and blurs our complexion.
Whether you’re looking for the best full-coverage foundations for everyday life or fancy events, we now feel confident enough to recommend you our top 10. We’ve tested, we’ve done research, we’ve scoured ingredients lists and reviews and now we know — it’s time. Flawless skin could be just a purchase away!
How We Picked the Best Full-Coverage Foundations
As we mentioned, personal use definitely came into play with our decision making, but we also looked heavily into real user opinions, trustworthy brands and retailers, skin-friendly ingredients and what skin types each would be best for.
We also consulted the Environmental Working Group’s (EWG) website on what foundations were found to be safest — and least safe. Of course, we also avoided tinted moisturizers and BB creams for this list, as they tend to have much lighter coverage!
The 10 Best Full-Coverage Foundations
1. Mineral Fusion Liquid Foundation
This super clean liquid foundation is EWG Verified and claims to provide full coverage while also being “undetectable.” Full coverage doesn’t have to mean cakey! We love this pick too for its super skin-loving ingredients. It’s also vegan and cruelty-free!
- Contains vitamin C
- Naturally UV resistant with light-reflecting minerals
- Matte finish isn’t for everybody
Available at: Target, Amazon
2. Urban Decay Cosmetics All Nighter Liquid Full-Coverage Foundation
For Rainy Springs and Sweaty Summers
Urban Decay’s All Nighter Setting Spray is famous and a celebrity-favorite (a Lizzo pick!), so it only makes sense that the foundation from the line is just as iconic. It’s waterproof and transfer-resistant, ready for rain, sweat or splashes!
- Oil-free and great for oily and combination skin
- Shoppers are calling it a “holy grail”
- Shade range could be more inclusive
Available at: Amazon, Ulta, Sephora, Nordstrom
3. Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Flawless Foundation
A Personal Pick
This is the foundation I currently use when I want full coverage! If you want a pore-blurring, skin-plumping look, this is the way to go. The hydrating ingredients make this liquid foundation a safe pick for dry skin, and we always love to see over 40 shades available — plus a handy shade match tool!
- Sweat-proof, humidity-proof, waterproof and transfer-resistant
- May even help reduce wrinkles
- One of the pricier picks, as the brand is very popular with celebrity makeup artists
Available at: Charlotte Tilbury, Nordstrom, Sephora
4. Maybelline New York Super Stay Full Coverage Powder Foundation
Our Top Powder Pick
Contrary to popular belief, powder foundations can be full-coverage too! You just need to find the right ones. This matte-finish powder is highly pigmented, claiming to provide 16 hours of flawless wear. Oily, combination and normal skin types may find that powder is the way to go!
- On sale for under $5 from Amazon and Walmart (at time of publication)
- Creamy texture is easy to blend
- Needs a brush or makeup sponge to apply
Available at: Amazon, Walmart, Ulta
5. Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Foundation
The Reliable Favorite
If you’ve been into makeup for a while now, chances are you’ve heard countless good things about this foundation. And it lives up to the hype! It’s oil-free, fragrance-free and aims to deliver full, matte coverage that doesn’t budge for up to 24 hours. This is an award winner with nearly 7,000 reviews on Sephora’s site alone!
- 56 shades
- $46 for 1 fl. oz.
Available at: Sephora, Ulta, Nordstrom, Dermstore
6. NYX Can’t Stop Won’t Stop Foundation
Our Pick for Oily Skin
We’ve listed a few foundations we’d recommend for oily skin, but we absolutely love this affordable favorite — our top pick on our list of the best drugstore foundations for oily skin. It offers full, matte coverage for up to 24 hours, is non-comedogenic and is a proclaimed “overachiever” when it comes to controlling shine!
- Over 40 shades
- Claims to be waterproof, transfer-proof, humidity-proof
- Not for dry skin
Available at: Amazon, Ulta, Target
7. Kevyn Aucoin Foundation Balm
Our Pick for Dry Skin
Don’t worry — we didn’t forget about dry skin types! Ever try a foundation balm before? It could be key to silky-soft skin. This one is infused with hyaluronic acid and vitamin E to keep skin supple and to keep rough patches at bay. It comes from a Kim Kardashian-approved brand too!
- Comes with foundation brush
- Free of fragrances, parabens and sulfates
- Over $50 (though, again, this does include the brush)
Available at: Dermstore, Nordstrom
8. Fenty Beauty Pro Filt’r Soft Matte Longwear Liquid Foundation
We will never be able to thank Rihanna enough for bringing Fenty Beauty into our lives. This medium-to-full-coverage foundation comes in 50 shades and has over 16,000 reviews at Sephora. It’s oil-free for a shine-free finish, and it’s even made with climate-adaptive technology. Use a brush for full coverage (or a sponge for medium coverage)!
- Vegan, cruelty-free, free of parabens and phthalates
- Award winner
- May not work well on very dry skin
Available at: Sephora, Ulta
9. Milk Makeup Blur Liquid Matte Foundation
Best for Travel
This clean foundation is free of oil and silicones, offering a matte finish that’s still breathable. It uses blurring microspheres to diffuse light for a soft focus effect, and it leaves parabens, sulfates, phthalates and gluten out of the formula!
- Airless tip minimizes air exposure and eliminates dripping — safe for travel!
- Feels weightless
- One of the pricier picks
Available at: Sephora
10. Tarte Face Tape Foundation
The Foundation Version of Your Favorite Concealer
Tarte Shape Tape Concealer is arguably the most famous out there for its incredible coverage, so why not grab the foundation too? It’s powered by snow mushroom to hydrate skin while providing a natural matte finish and contains apple fruit extract to protect skin against free radicals!
- Available in two sizes
- Only available at two retailers
Available at: Tarte, Ulta
Other Full-Coverage Foundations We Love:
- Cover FX Natural Finish Foundation
- Make Up For Ever HD Skin Undetectable Longwear Foundation
- Hourglass Vanish Seamless Finish Foundation Stick
Make Up For Ever Just Launched What Could Be Your Holy Grail Foundation
Looking for other product recommendations? Check out more of our picks below:
- Best Vitamin C Face Serums for Oily and Sensitive Skin Types
- 12 Best Self Tanners Available at Ulta — Starting at $12
- The 11 Best Self Tanners You Can Buy at Target
- The Best Adjustable Kettlebells: Can Anything Rival Bowflex?
Browse fashion, beauty and health products. Also, check out our gift guides.
This post is brought to you by Us Weekly’s Shop With Us team. The Shop With Us team aims to highlight products and services our readers might find interesting and useful, such as face masks, self tanners, Lululemon-style leggings and all the best gifts for everyone in your life. Product and service selection, however, is in no way intended to constitute an endorsement by either Us Weekly or of any celebrity mentioned in the post.
The Shop With Us team may receive products free of charge from manufacturers to test. In addition, Us Weekly receives compensation from the manufacturer of the products we write about when you click on a link and then purchase the product featured in an article. This does not drive our decision as to whether or not a product or service is featured or recommended. Shop With Us operates independently from advertising sales team. We welcome your feedback at [email protected] Happy shopping!
For access to all our exclusive celebrity videos and interviews – Subscribe on YouTube!
Source: Read Full Article