Amazon Prime Day 2020: Lindt chocolate truffles for the cheapest price ever
AMAZON is selling a huge box of Lindt Lindor chocolate truffle balls at their lowest price ever as part of its Prime Day deals.
The 600g box of chocs has been reduced to £7.49 – a saving of £5.50, or 42%, compared to the recommended retail price (RRP) of £12.99.
It’s the cheapest price seen on Amazon, according to data going back to October 2017 on price tracker website Camel Camel Camel.
Previously, the lowest these Lindt Lindor truffles were reduced to by the online retail giant was £8.49 in December 2019.
If you’re buying direct from Lindt, you’ll pay £12.99 for the same size pack, going up to £15 in Tesco.
A 600g box of Lindt Lindor contains around 48 milk chocolate truffle balls.
How to cut the cost of your grocery shop
SAVING on your shop can make a big difference to your wallet. Here are some tips from comparison site Money.co.uk about how you can cut the cost of your shopping bills:
- Write yourself a list – Only buy items that you need. If it isn’t on your list, don’t put it in the trolley
- Create a budget – Work out a weekly budget for your food shopping
- Never shop hungry – you are far more likely to buy more food if your tummy is rumbling
- Don’t buy pre-chopped veggies or fruit – The extra they’ll charge for chopping can be eye watering
- Use social media – follow your favourite retailers to find out about the latest deals
- Be disloyal – You may want to go to different stores to find the best bargains
- Check the small print – It’s always worth checking the price per kg/lb/litre when comparing offers so you’re making a like for like decision as a bigger box won’t necessarily mean you get more
- Use your loyalty cards – Don’t be afraid to sign up to them all. They all work slightly differently – work out what bonus suits you better and remember to trade in your points for additional rewards
The Lindt offer is live now on Amazon – but as it's a Prime Day deal, you'll need to be a Prime member to get it.
The price of the chocs will also likely go back up once the sales bonanza is over.
This year the Prime Day shopping event started yesterday (Tuesday, October 13) and will run until midnight today (Wednesday, October 14) in the UK.
Amazon Prime – which gives members free next day delivery and access to Prime TV shows and eBooks – costs £79 per year or £7.99 per month.
Thanks to the free delivery perk, you won't pay extra for shipping when buying the chocs.
Lindt chocolates always go down a treat at Christmas, but if you don't think you need a box this size, you can save money by going for a smaller pack.
For example, Tesco sells a 200g box for £5 – but it doesn't work out better value in the long run, as these cost £2.50 per 100g, compared to £1.25 per 100g for the 600g box.
You'll also want to be aware that each truffle ball contains 73 calories and 5g of sugar.
In the UK, men are recommended to consume no more than 2,500 calories a day, while it's 2,000 for women.
The daily sugar intake for both men and women is 30g.
We've rounded up the best deals from the second round of Prime Day offers, including LOL Surprise, Jack Daniels and Yankee Candle.
And here are the best deals we found on Amazon's website yesterday.
Source: Read Full Article