Buckingham Palace launching probe into Meghan Markle bullying allegations

More On:

meghan markle

Meghan Markle’s Oprah interview outfit draws Wallis Simpson comparisons

Meghan Markle responds to bullying claims ahead of Oprah tell-all

Meghan Markle wore earrings from Saudi Prince MBS after Jamal Khashoggi murder: report

Meghan Markle faces bullying claims ahead of tell-all Oprah interview

Buckingham Palace is launching a probe into allegations that Meghan Markle bullied staff as a senior royal, reports said Wednesday. 

The Duchess of Sussex was accused of creating a toxic and manipulative atmosphere for royal aides in a Tuesday story published in the Times of London that sparked the investigation, the palace said in a statement late Wednesday. 

“We are clearly very concerned about allegations in The Times following claims made by former staff of The Duke and Duchess of Sussex,” the statement said, according to Yahoo News UK. 

“Accordingly our HR team will look into the circumstances outlined in the article. Members of staff involved at the time, including those who have left the Household, will be invited to participate to see if lessons can be learned. The Royal Household has had a Dignity at Work policy in place for a number of years and does not and will not tolerate bullying or harassment in the workplace.”

Markle is accused of occasionally reducing staffers to tears when she lived at Kensington Palace after her May 2018 wedding to Prince Harry. 

In one alleged incident, the Times reported a royal aide told a colleague “I can’t stop shaking” as they anticipated a confrontation with the Duchess. 

The UK newspaper further reported that two senior palace staff members allegedly were bullied into leaving their posts while a third said they had been personally “humiliated” by the former TV star. 

On Wednesday, Markle said the reports of bullying were nothing more than a “calculated smear campaign” orchestrated by the palace ahead of her highly anticipated Oprah TV sit-down, set to air in the US on Sunday night.

“Let’s just call this what it is — a calculated smear campaign based on misleading and harmful misinformation,” a spokesman for the Duke and Duchess of Sussex told the Times of London about the accusations.


Prince Harry and Meghan Markle seen together during their interview with Oprah Winfrey.

ZUMAPRESS.com


Melissa Touabti quit as Markle’s personal assistant after being on the job for less than a year.

Kroy and Kim Zolciak-Biermann test positive for COVID-19

View Slideshow

Source: Read Full Article