Matalan launches HUGE online clearance sale with prices starting from 50p
HIGH street chain Matalan has launched an online clearance sale with prices starting from 50p.
Customers will find up to 80% off clothing for kids, women and men, as well as homeware products.
As all physical Matalan stores remain shut, the deals are only available online.
This does mean you may end up paying extra for delivery.
Standard delivery costs £3.95 on orders under £40. If you spend over this amount, delivery is free.
Sadly, click and collect is not available on sale items – so that includes everything in the clearance.
How to compare prices to get the best deal
JUST because something is on offer, or is part of a sale, it doesn’t mean it’s always a good deal.
There are plenty of comparison websites out there that'll check prices for you – so don't be left paying more than you have to.
Most of them work by comparing the prices across hundreds of retailers.
Here are some that we recommend:
- Google Shopping is a tool that lets users search for and compare prices for products across the web. Simply type in keywords, or a product number, to bring up search results.
- Price Spy logs the history of how much something costs from over 3,000 different retailers, including Argos, Amazon, eBay and the supermarkets. Once you select an individual product you can quickly compare which stores have the best price and which have it in stock.
- Idealo is another website that lets you compare prices between retailers. All shoppers need to do is search for the item they need and the website will rank them from the cheapest to the most expensive one.
- CamelCamelCamel only works on goods being sold on Amazon. To use it, type in the URL of the product you want to check the price of.
Before you part ways with your cash, you should still compare prices in case you find the same product – or something similar – elsewhere.
You should also keep in mind that you’re only really making a saving if you were planning on making a purchase anyway.
Here are some of our top picks from the Matalan sale, or you can find everything included here.
Kids two-pack rainbow reusable face masks (3-10yrs)
- Was: £2.50. Now: 50p. Save: £2 (80%) – buy now
There are several different designs of face masks that are reduced to 50p in Matalan, including these pink ones with a rainbow pattern.
Children under the age of 11 aren't required by law to wear face masks, while those under the age of three aren't advised to wear them at all.
Parents should always supervise their kids when they're wearing a face mask.
Elsewhere, you can also pick up face masks for kids from 49p from Superdrug with free click and collect.
Kids Disney Little Mermaid canvas tote bag
- Was: £3. Now: £1.50. Save: £1.50 (50%) – buy now
This Disney bag features an image of Ariel from the Little Mermaid, along with the words: "I'm really a mermaid!"
The bag measures 40cm by 35cm by 11cm.
We couldn't find a similar Little Mermaid bag for a cheaper price, with this one selling on eBay for £2.50 and free delivery.
Basic dash print cami top
- Was: £4. Now: £1. Save: £3 (75%) – buy now
This cami top – which is teal in colour and has a white dash design – could be ideal for when warmer weather arrives.
It comes in sizes eight to 20.
Elsewhere, cami tops start from £3 from Boohoo and you'll pay £1 for next-day delivery thanks to a special code currently running on the website.
US Athletic New York t-shirt
- Was: £6. Now: £3. Save: £3 (50%) – buy now
If you're in the market for men's t-shirts, there are loads of designs that have been reduced to £3.
This one features a design dedicated to New York.
New York men's t-shirts on Boohoo start from £8.40, again with an additional £1 for delivery if you use a code.
Twin pack geo print ties
- Was: £7. Now: £3.50. Save: £3.50 (50%) – buy now
Going into an office may feel like a distant memory for some, but you can still look smart on Zoom.
These ties feature a geometric design and you get two in a pack.
If you shop around, one tie from Burton costs around £4.
Luxury faux fur grey blanket
- Was: £38. Now: £20. Save: £18 (47%) – buy now
We love how cosy this faux fur grey blanket looks.
It measures 150cm by 130cm and also comes in a cream colour.
But you can save money on a grey blanket if you're tempted by this one from Wayfair for £10.99 plus £4.99 delivery.
In more sale news, B&M has launched a 25% off EVERYTHING closing down clearance.
Here are six last minute Mother’s Day gifts you can get for next day delivery.
Plus, we round up cool gadgets for your mum, if you aren't keen to splash out on flowers.
Source: Read Full Article