Recipe: Holiday bounty bites
It’s the time of year when many people are making New Year’s resolutions, and cutting back on sugar is often on the list.
That can be a challenged if you have a major sweet tooth.
Not to worry, chef Sherry Strong, nutritionist and founder of Sweet Freedom has you covered with this recipe for a home-made bounty bar that will satisfy your sugar craving without the guilt.
- 4 heaped tablespoons of coconut oil
- 4 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp coconut cream (optional)
- Dry Ingredients
- 200g of desiccated coconut
- 1 tsp of spirulina or matcha (we used spirulina)
- 75g of ground almond/almond meal 25 gm dried cranberries (unsweetened if you can get them or sweetened with apple juice)
- You can also use tart dried cherries if you can find them.
- Pinch of salt
The rich’n’raw chocolate outside
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- ¾ cup raw cacao powder
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup large pinch sea salt
Source: Read Full Article