Shops including Matalan and Next launch monster sales cutting prices by up to 70%
SHOPPERS can bag discounts of up to 70 per cent across a range of products as the high street looks to shift lockdown stock.
Thousands of retailers have welcomed back customers for the first time in three months this week as lockdown rules are eased.
⚠️ Read our coronavirus live blog for the latest news & updates
But sales suffered drastically over the passed three months as the government ordered all non-essential retailers to temporarily shut up shop to help limit the spread of coronavirus.
To help entice customers, big-name brands have already launched huge sales online and in stores with money off everything from clothing, make-up, homeware and kids' toys.
From Curry's PC World to Next, we've picked out some of our favourite deals and sales available on the high street today.
Currys PC World – up to 60 per cent off
Currys PC World has slashed up to 60 off a range of tech goods including fitness trackers, laptops and kitchen appliances.
The deals are available to buy online and in store, plus its free delivery for its standard service.
One of our top deals is the sale is on an 11 inch Apple iPad Pro 1T, which costs £1,249 down from £1,670, saving you £421.
It's the cheapest price we could find for that model brand new, although you can pick up a refurbished model from Amazon Marketplace for £949.99 with free delivery.
- Apple 11" iPad Pro Cellular 1T. Was: £1,670, Now: £1,249. Save: £421 or 25 per cent – buy now
- Tassimo by Bosch Happy Coffee Machine. Was: £99.99, Now: £39.99. Save: £60 or 60 per cent – buy now
- JBL Live Wireless Bluetooth Headphones. Was: £99.99, Now: £49.99. Save: £50 or 50 per cent – buy now
- Philips Ambilight 55” Smart 4K HD TV with Google Assistant. Was: £759.99, Now: £499. Save: £260.99 or 34 per cent – buy now
Debenhams – up to 50 per cent off
There's a big sale on at Debenhams with up to 50 per cent off including men's, women's and kids fashion.
There's also up to 30 per cent off homeware and up to 20 per cent off beauty and fragrance products.
One of our favourite items in the sale is a bottle of Miss Dior Rose n Roses eau de toilette, which has had up to £18.80 knocked off the price tag.
The fragrance now costs £75.20 for a 100ml bottle or £52 for a 50ml bottle – cheaper than at Perfume Direct where it costs £85.99 for the larger bottle and £58.99 for the smaller one.
- 'Miss Dior' Rose N'Roses Eau de Toilette. Was: £65-£94, Now: £52-£75.20. Save: £13-£21.5 or up to 23 per cent – buy now
- Grey 'Ailo' Easyfit Pendant Ceiling Light. Was: £35, Now: £24.50. Save: £10.50 or 30 per cent – buy now
- Multicoloured 'Lilly' Printed Duvet Set. Was: £20-£50, Now: £16-£40. Save: £4-£10 or up to 20 per cent – buy now
- Tog 24 – Caribbean Blue Lark Leaf Print Shirt. Was: £45, Now: £22.50. Save:£22.50 or 50 per cent – buy now
Matalan – up to 53 per cent off
Bargain hunters can pick up new items for their wardrobes for up to half price at Matalan – women's, mens, children's and homeware are all included in the sale.
One of our top picks is this leopard print backpack that is now 50 per cent cheaper in the sale at £7.
The next best price we could find for a similar leopard print backpack is £10 from ASOS, which excludes the £4 delivery fee.
- Leopard Print Backpack. Was: £14, Now: £7. Save: £7 or 50 per cent – buy now
- Taylor & Wright Men's Regular Fit suit Jacket. Was: £54, Now: £25. Save: £29 or 53 per cent – buy now
- Flamingo kids' swimsuit 4-13 years. Was: £9, Now: £4.50. Save £4.50 or 50 per cent – buy now
- Silentnight Essentials Duvet 13.5 tog. Was: £16-£24, now: £8-£12. Save: £8-£12 or 50 per cent – buy now
Next – up to 50 per cent off
Next has knocked up to 50 per cent off clothes across women's and men's ranges online, although some shoppers have spotted bargains of up to 80 per cent in stores.
We've asked Next whether you can get bigger discounts in store and whether the sale is available nationwide but they're keeping tightlipped.
One of our favourite items in the online sale is this navy subtle skinny fit suit jacket that costs £45 down from £84.
A similar blue suit jacket will set you back £75 from Ben Sherman so you really are getting a bargain in the Next sale.
- Navy Subtle Skinny Fit Check Suit Jacket. Was: £84, Now: £42. Save: £42 or 50 per cent – buy now
- Hobbs Blue Dianna Dress. Was: £149, Now: £70. Save: £79 or 53 per cent – buy now
- Lipsy Emma Hand Embellished Halter Maxi Dress. Was: £135, Now: £67. Save: £68 or 50 per cent – buy now
- Gina Bacconi Pink Lareina Floral Scuba Dress. Was: £90, Now: £58. Save: £32 or 35 per cent – buy now
Keen to shop? We've rounded up all the retailers that have reopened stores this week.
But shopping won't be the same as before lockdown as all stores have to implement a host of new measures to make them Covid-19 secure.
This includes social distancing in stores and putting up sneeze screens to help slow the spread of the virus.
Source: Read Full Article