Sun Win: Terms and conditions for weekly competition – The Sun
Sun Win competitions – General Terms & Conditions
By entering the Promotion, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions (these Terms and Conditions). Completion and submission of an entry form or e-mail will also be deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. Promotional materials relating to the Promotion, including all information on how to enter the Promotion published in publications of the Promoter (including social media if applicable) or on the Promoter's websites, also form part of these Terms and Conditions. In the event of any conflict between any terms referred to in such promotional materials and these Terms and Conditions, these Terms and Conditions take precedence.
Participation in the Promotion
- Residents of the United Kingdom (excluding Northern Ireland) aged 18 or over only, except employees and agents of the Promoter, News Corp UK & Ireland Limited and anyone otherwise connected with the operation or fulfilment of the Promotion (including third party promotional partners) and their respective associated, affiliated or subsidiary companies, and the immediate families and household members of all such employees and agents.
- Where a Promotion has a closing date and/or time, all entries must be received before such date and/or time. (the Promotion Period). Any entries received outside the Promotion Period will be void.
- Subject to any Special Offer, detailed at clause 8 below, participants may make a maximum of 10 paid entries per person during each Promotion Period.
- Participants must send a premium rate SMS with the relevant keyword to 63320, or enter free by sending their name, contact number and relevant competition headline by post to P.O. Box 4445, Colchester, CO2 8GD during each Promotion Period only. Each SMS entry costs £2 plus one standard rate message. SMS entries without the correct keyword may still be charged and may not count as valid entries. If participants do not wish to receive marketing texts about future competitions, or similar products and services, please text STOP to 63320. Postal entries must include relevant competition headline, your name and contact number.
- When a participant first enters the competition during the Promotion Period by sending a premium rate SMS, they will be invited to take part in a “3 for 2” offer, whereby if they enter the competition a second time by sending a second SMS text entry using the same mobile number during the Promotion Period, they will receive an additional entry at no extra cost. The free additional entry will automatically be included after the participant enters the competition a second time, and a third SMS message is not required to claim the free additional entry. If a participant texts for a third time during the Promotion Period, the cycle restarts and they will be charged again at the premium rate of £2 plus one standard message. It is the responsibility of the participant to ensure that if they choose to accept the 3-for-2 offer, it is within the Promotion Period when text lines are still open. Otherwise, their additional entry and free entry may be charged but not included in the draw.
- Entries received which are not submitted via the official entry method will not be accepted. Use of script, macro or any automated system to enter the Promotion is prohibited and entries made (or which appear to have been made) using any such system may be treated as void. Any illegible, incomplete or fraudulent entries will be rejected.
- The Promoter is not responsible for any erroneous entries which may occur through a mobile phone network error or handset error.
- We may, during the course of a Promotion, run a special offer associated with entering a Promotion by SMS, such as a ‘one free text entry’ or 'buy one get one free' special offer ("Special Offer") and participants may take advantage of this, when available. Details of the Special Offer will be set out in the Promotion copy and marketing materials. The following conditions shall apply to the Special Offers:
- For a '2 for 1' Special Offer, a participant who submits an entry by premium SMS using a relevant keyword during the Promotion Period will be notified that they have received an additional (i.e. a second) entry into the relevant draw of the Promotion without charge.
- For a ‘one free text entry’ Special Offer, a participant who submits an entry by SMS using a relevant keyword during a specified period within the Promotion Period will be notified that they have received said entry at no extra cost (standard network rate still applies). Participants may claim a maximum of one ‘one free text entry’ Special Offer if it is available during a Promotion Period.
Winners and Prizes
- The winner will be selected at random from all valid entries for this Promotion received during each Promotion Period. There will be no prizes for any other entrants.
- Prizes are as stated and are non-exchangeable and non-transferable. There is no cash or other alternative to the prize in whole or in part.
- The winner is responsible for paying all associated costs that are not specifically stated in any Promotional materials or these Terms and Conditions, including (where applicable) transport, accommodation, meal costs, spending money, insurance and all other incidentals. Winners are also personally responsible for any personal or incidental expenses and any VAT, national and/or local tax liabilities incurred in claiming or using the prize. By participating in the Promotion, participants agree that the prize is awarded on an "as is" basis, and that neither the Promoter nor any of its subsidiary or affiliated companies, make any representations or warranties of any nature with respect to the prize.
- In the event that, for reasons beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control the Promoter is unable to award the prize as described in these Terms and Conditions, the Promoter reserves the right to award a prize of a similar nature and an equivalent value, or at its sole discretion, the cash value of the prize. The Promoter also reserves the right to award a prize of a similar nature and an equivalent value, or at its sole discretion, the cash value of the prize if in its reasonable discretion it is appropriate to do so.
- Where a prize includes a gift card, such prize will be for a pounds sterling amount. The Promoter, prize provider or the issuer gift card and their agents reserve the right to refuse to accept gift cards which are deemed to have been tampered with, defaced, duplicated, damaged or which otherwise are suspected to be affected by fraud or which have been lost or stolen following delivery.
Winner Announcement and claiming of prize
- Winners will be notified by phone or using the other contact details provided to the Promoter within 14 days after the end of the Promotion Period. All reasonable endeavours will be made to contact the winner during the specified time. If a winner cannot be contacted or is not available, the Promoter reserves the right to re-draw another winner from the valid/correct entries that were received during the Promotion Period. Winners may be required to submit valid identification before receiving their prize.
- Winners will be required to confirm acceptance of the applicable prize within 14 days of having been notified. If the winner has not claimed their prize by the date specified or the winner refuses or is unable to provide an eligible postal address for receipt of their prize, the Promoter reserves the right to award the prize to another participant.
- The prize will be delivered within a reasonable time and by no later than 28 days after the prize has been accepted.
- The Promoter proposes to make available a list of winners, subject to any objections from the relevant individuals. For a copy of the list, please send a stamped self-addressed envelope by no later than 28 days after the end of the Promotion Period to News UK, Promotions Department, 1 London Bridge Street, London, SE1 9GF stating for which Promotion you would like winners’ details. If a winner objects to this information being made available, they should inform the Promoter at the earliest opportunity using email [email protected].co.uk Winners acknowledge that the Promoter may still be required to share their details with the Advertising Standards Authority or other regulators.
Data Protection and Publicity
- By entering, participants agree to allow the free use of their names, photographs and general locations for publicity and news purposes if they are the winner of the Promotion, both during this and future promotions by the Promoter or any associated or subsidiary company of News Corp UK & Ireland Limited. This includes making their name available on the Promoter's websites and social media platforms. The winner may be required to participate in reasonable publicity relating to this Promotion.
- The Promoter's decision is final and binding on the entrants. No correspondence will be entered into.
- If participants do not provide any of the mandatory information requested when participating in the Promotion, their entry will be void.
- The Promoter reserves the right to require the participants to prove that they are eligible. If a winner is found to be ineligible, the Promoter reserves the right to award their prize to another participant and to require the return of any prize already awarded.
- The provision of the prize does not imply endorsement by the Promoter of Prize Shark or other third parties concerned in any way with the Promotion. Any complaints or queries relating to the use of the prize should be directed to Prize Shark.
- Unless otherwise stated in the promotional materials, this Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, the manufacturer or service provider of the relevant prize. You are providing your information to the Promoter and not to the manufacturer or service provider of the relevant prize.
- Entrants must not do anything illegal and/or dangerous and/or that would put themselves or others at any risk. Save where it has been negligent, the Promoter will not be responsible for any damage, loss or injury resulting from participants' entry into the Promotion or their acceptance and/or use of the prize, or for technical, hardware or software failures, lost, faulty or unavailable network connections or difficulties of any kind that may limit or prohibit participant's ability to participate in the Promotion. The Promoter will not be responsible for any lost, damaged, defaced, incomplete, illegible or otherwise unreadable entries. Proof of posting is not proof of receipt by the Promoter of any entries. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall in any way limit the Promoter's liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence or for any other matter where liability may not be limited as a matter of law.
- The Promoter reserves the right at any time to cancel, modify or supersede the Promotion (including altering prizes) if, in its reasonable opinion, the Promotion is not capable of being conducted as specified. In the event of a printing or other error resulting in there being more winners than prizes for the Promotion, the Promoter reserves the right to (a) declare as void any claims or entries resulting from such printing or other error; and/or (b) allocate the available prize(s) through a further draw or to divide the prize(s) or the value of the prize(s) between the winners of the Promotion.
- Any participant who enters or attempts to enter the Promotion in a manner, which in the Promoter's reasonable opinion is contrary to these Terms and Conditions or by its nature is unjust to other entrants (including tampering with the operation of the Promotion, cheating, hacking, deception or any other unfair playing practices such as intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other participants or the Promoter and/or any of its agents or representatives) may be rejected from the Promotion at the Promoter's sole discretion. Furthermore, where such actions have significantly impaired the Promotion, the Promoter may, at its sole discretion, add further stages to the Promotion as it deems reasonably necessary in order to resolve any problems arising from such actions.
- The Promoter reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions. Any amendments will be published on the Promoter’s website (the Website).
- These Terms and Conditions are governed by English law. The courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to hear any dispute or claim arising in association with the Promotion or these Terms and Conditions.
- The promoter of this Promotion is News Group Newspapers Ltd (publisher of The Sun and The Sun on Sunday) of 1 London Bridge Street, London, SE1 9GF (the Promoter).
Source: Read Full Article