Walmart opening hours: What time does Walmart open for Thanksgiving tomorrow?
People around the world will be off work giving thanks for the good aspects of their lives on Thursday as Thanksgiving is celebrated. Thanksgiving is a national holiday celebrated in the US, Canada, Liberia and some of the Caribbean Islands. But for those hoping to pick up a few bits for their Thanksgiving dinner on Thursday.
Traditionally in the US Thanksgiving is spent with spent with loved ones enjoying a host of pumpkin-based treats and turkey.
But with Christmas less than a month away, savvy shoppers also spend the day thinking about Black Friday and the sales.
The Black Friday sales begin online early one, but for those that prefer to peruse the stores themselves, the holiday shopping season well and truly kicks off in stores on Thursday.
Major retailers, including Target, Walmart, Best Buy, JC Penney, Macy’s and Kohl’s will flash some of their lowest prices of the year with in-store Black Friday specials on Thanksgiving Day.
- Meghan Markle convinces fans on pregnancy update before Beatrice
What time does Walmart open?
Differences in state laws mean some US states are legally-bound to remain closed at differing hours on Thanksgiving.
Maine, Massachusetts and Rhode Island stores for instance must legally remain closed on Thursday, and may have different hours on Friday.
Stores in some areas also have varied hours because of county or municipal laws.
Opening hours may also vary by location, you can check your local Walmart store’s hours here.
Thanksgiving first began with the Pilgrims and Puritans who emigrated from England in the 1620s and 1630s carried the tradition of Days of Fasting and Days of Thanksgiving with them to New England.
The modern Thanksgiving holiday tradition is traced to a well-recorded 1619 event in Virginia and a sparsely documented 1621 celebration at Plymouth in present-day Massachusetts.
The 1619 arrival of 38 English settlers at Berkeley Hundred in Charles City County, Virginia, concluded with a religious celebration as dictated by the group’s charter from the London Company, which specifically required “that the day of our ships arrival at the place assigned … in the land of Virginia shall be yearly and perpetually kept holy as a day of thanksgiving to Almighty God.”
The 1621 Plymouth feast and thanksgiving was prompted by a good harvest, which the Pilgrims celebrated with Nativeamericans, who helped them get through the previous winter by giving them food in that time of scarcity.
What time will Morrisons open on Black Friday? [INSIGHT]
Asda George – Black Friday sale, discounts and offers revealed [ANALYSIS]
What time does Currys open on Black Friday [EXPLAINER]
- Meghan Markle heartbreak: Uncle opens up over fears about niece
Other shops open on Thursday
- Acme Market: Most stores open 7am to 4pm; all pharmacies closed.
- Albertsons: Hours vary greatly, check at www.albertsons.com.
- BI-LO: Close early at 4pm
- Cub: Most close at 2pm
- Earth Fare: Close early at 3pm
- Food Lion: Open until 5pm
- Fresh Market: 7am to 4pm
- Fresh Thyme: 7am to 2pm
- Giant Eagle: 6am to 5pm
- goPuff: The digital convenience retailer is open to deliver on Thanksgiving.
- Harris Teeter: All stores close 2pm
- Harveys Supermarket: Close early at 4pm
- H-E-B: 6am to 2pm.; pharmacies closed.
- Hy-Vee: Some locations close at 2pm
- Instacart: The national on-demand grocery delivery platform will be delivering orders nationally from 8am. to 2pm local time.
- King Soopers: Varies.
- Kroger: Varies. Some locations open regular hours.
- Lucky’s Market: 7am to 4pm
- Meijer: Most locations are open 24 hours or regular hours
- Ralphs: Varies. Many stores open normal hours
- Safeway: Hours vary greatly, check at www.safeway.com
- Save A Lot: 8am to 3pm for corporate locations
- ShopRite: Varies
- Sprouts Farmer Market: 7am to 4pm
- Stop & Shop: Connecticut, New Jersey and New York stores are open until 5pm while Massachusetts and Rhode Island stores are closed.
- Tops Friendly Markets: Close at 5pm
- Walmart: Most stores open all day with Black Friday sale starting at 6pm
- Wegmans: Stores close at 4pm
- Weis: Many locations open until 5pm
- Whole Foods Market: Varies. Many stores open 7am to 3pm
- WinCo Foods: Close early at 3pm
- Winn-Dixie: Close early at 4pm
Source: Read Full Article