Dale Moss Says 'No One' Is to 'Blame' in Split from Clare Crawley: 'This Didn't Come Out of Nowhere'
Dale Moss is continuing to shed light on his split from Clare Crawley.
After taking a few days off from social media to "process" the former couple's recent breakup, Moss — who proposed last summer, just two weeks into Crawley's season of The Bachelorette — posted a series of Instagram Stories on Monday addressing the decision to part ways.
"I finally feel comfortable getting on here after having some time to process everything that's gone on," he said. "I know a lot of y'all have seen me smiling on social media and say I don't seem as hurt or burdened by this, but that's the farthest thing. This time has sucked."
"Thank God I have the friends and the family that I've had because they've literally had to carry me through the last two-plus weeks," he added.
Moss, 32, announced the end of their short-lived engagement on Instagram last week, days before the former Bachelorette confirmed the breakup in her own post.
On Instagram Monday, Moss pointed to the difficulties of having a public relationship, saying "there's no one person to blame in this situation."
"Building a relationship, in general, is tough, especially when you're doing it in the public eye. Media will take things and run with them. People will spread lies or always want to point the finger. But the fact of the matter is, there's no one person to blame in this situation."
He also seemed to deny Crawley's claim that she was only "made aware of a 'mutual' [split] statement at the same time" Moss announced the breakup on Instagram.
"Like every relationship, we've had our ups and downs and gone through our own things. But the statements that came out, this didn't come out of nowhere," he said. "I love Clare and respect Clare enough to let her know how I feel, even if that's against the expectations of everybody else."
Moss said he is still hurting from the breakup. "It's going to take time. I wanted nothing more than to make this relationship work," he said. "I put my heart and soul into it each and every day. I wanted nothing more than to build a healthy relationship."
He continued: "While this is going to be difficult, what you'll see from me is trying to practice what I preach and continue to put my best foot forward each and every day. While trying to find some sense of normalcy, I'm also going to try and find joy and happiness in each day and continue to share that. Everything else is in God's hands."
Following news of the split, a source told PEOPLE that Crawley, 39, felt "blindsided" and was still reeling.
"Clare feels blindsided by the split," the source said. "She genuinely thought they could make things work and after everything she's been through, she can't believe she's in this place again."
In her own post, Crawley acknowledged that their "relationship was not perfect," but said she "was genuinely invested with all of my heart."
"Speaking for myself, my intentions with this relationship have always been very clear, so the truth is I am crushed," she wrote on Instagram.
"This was not what I expected or hoped for and am still trying to process this," she continued. "2020 was one hell of a year, with COVID, battling severe anxiety post-show, balancing a public new relationship, all while slowly losing my mother. It hasn't been ideal circumstances, but that is life right. I have been looking forward to the light at the end of the tunnel."
A source previously told PEOPLE that Moss was not ready to take the next steps in the relationship.
"Dale wasn't ready for marriage and kids," the source said. "He did have feelings for Clare but he wasn't on the same page as her."
According to the source, Crawley "was really hoping he would grow in the relationship and come around," but "things only got tougher after the show when they had to start making big life decisions."
Source: Read Full Article