'Dancing with the Stars': Every Britney Spears Song the Season 30 Contestants Will Perform to in Week 3
The Dancing with the Stars Season 30 cast is celebrating the iconic Britney Spears in week 3 of the ballroom dance competition. Find out what Britney songs the couples will be dancing to and the ballroom dances they’ll perform. Plus, pro-dancer Gleb Savchenko’s thoughts on celebrating the pop star’s songs amidst her ongoing and very public conservatorship battle.
‘DWTS’ Britney Spears Week
After week 2, DWTS host Tyra Banks announced Britney Spears Week. Premiering Oct. 4, the season 30 cast will dance to various hits from the pop star.
“It speaks for itself,” Savchenko told Page Six. “We’re doing a whole night dedicated to Britney. It’s a lot of support, a lot of love. We [support] #FreeBritney.”
Britney Spears songs and dances on ‘Dancing with the Stars’ Season 30
As a fan of Spears’ music, Savchenko believes “everything’s happening” for the singer, who recently got engaged to Sam Asghari. “I’m so happy,” Savchenko added. He will perform a tango with his Spice Girls partner Melanie “Mel C” Chisholm to Spears’ song “Toxic.”
“It’s like the best song ever, especially for tango,” he teases. “It’s going to be really cool. The costumes and the whole concept, the number, it’s really dope. We’ll definitely do some ‘Toxic’ sexy moves.” Here’s what the other season 30 celebrities are dancing to during Britney Spears Week on Dancing with the Stars, according to ABC:
- Jimmie Allen and Emma Slater will salsa to “Outrageous”
- Brian Austin Green and Sharna Burgess will tango to “Till the World Ends”
- Christine Chiu and Pasha Pashkov will paso doble to “Stronger”
- Melora Hardin and Artem Chigvintsev will cha-cha to “[You Drive Me] Crazy [The Stop Remix!]”
- Olivia Jade and Val Chmerkovskiy will tango to “Hold It Against Me”
- Matt James and Lindsay Arnold will tango to “Scream & Shout” by will.i.am featuring Spears
- Amanda Kloots and Alan Bersten will cha-cha to “Circus”
- Suni Lee and Sasha Farber will foxtrot to “I’m A Slave 4 U”
- The Miz and Witney Carson will salsa to “Oops!… I Did It Again”
- Kenya Moore and Brandon Armstrong will tango to “Womanizer”
- Cody Rigsby and Cheryl Burke will jazz to “Gimme More”
- Iman Shumpert and Daniella Karagach will tango to “Piece of Me”
- JoJo Siwa and Jenna Johnson will Argentine tango to “… Baby One More Time”
Britney Spears conservatorship updates
Spears has been under conservatorship since 2008. Her father, Jamie Spears, served as the head of her conservatorship until recently. He was suspended on Sept. 30, 2021.
In a statement, Jamie’s representation says “the court was wrong to suspend Mr. Spears, put a stranger in his place to manage Britney’s estate, and extend the very conservatorship that Britney begged the court to terminate earlier this summer.” Jamie plans to use this suspension to work on his relationship with his daughter.
Meanwhile, Spears celebrated her freedom on Instagram. “On cloud 9 right now!” she wrote in the caption, which many fans attributed to the court’s ruling.
Since Judge Brenda J. Penny’s suspension of Jamie as conservator, many fans are hopeful the judge will terminate the conservatorship at a Nov. 12 hearing. In the meantime, a certified public accountant has assumed the role of a temporary conservator for Spears.
Dancing with the Stars airs Mondays at 8 PM EST on ABC.
Source: Read Full Article