How did Selena Quintanilla die?
A NEW Netflix bio-pic about the life and death of Latino singer Selena Quintanilla will be hitting our screens.
Selena: The Series on Netflix tells the tragic tale of the American star, who's life was cut tragically short.
- The best series on Netflix
- The best movies on Netflix
- New on Netflix: What to watch this week
Who was Selena Quintanilla?
Selena Quintanilla-Pérez was born on April 16, 1971 and was a singer, actress, and fashion designer.
Referred to as the "Queen of Tejano music", her contributions to music and fashion made her one of the most celebrated Mexican-American entertainers of the late 20th century.
Billboard magazine named her the top-selling Latin artist of the 1990s decade.
Before her death she had a net worth of £10million.
What’s on Netflix, Disney+ and Amazon Prime?
Looking for a new Netflix series to binge or the best movies to watch on Amazon Prime? We have you covered…
- New on Netflix: The best series and films released every day
- The best movies on Netflix to watch right now
- The best series to watch on Netflix
- The most terrifying horrors to watch on Netflix right now
- The best documentaries to watch on Netflix right now
- The best comedies to watch on Netflix right now
- The best thrillers to watch on Netflix right now
- The best kids' shows on Netflix to watch right now
- The best true crime series to watch on Netflix
- The best movies to watch on Amazon Prime
- The best series to watch on Amazon Prime
- The best series on Disney+
When did Selena Quintanilla die?
Selena Quintanilla died on March 31, 1995.
She was just 23 years old at the time of her death.
She was pronounced dead at 1:05pm.
How did Selena Die?
Selena was murdered when she was just 23-years-old.
In early 1995, Selena's family discovered that Yolanda Saldívar was embezzling money from both the singer's fan club and boutiques, which led to her being fired.
On March 31, 1995 Selena agreed to meet Saldívar at a Days Inn motel in Corpus Christi to retrieve financial records Saldívar had been refusing to turn over.
Saldívar then took a .38 Taurus Model 85 revolver from her purse and pointed it at the singer.
Selena tried to flee, but Saldívar shot her once in the back, severing an artery.
Critically wounded, Selena ran towards the lobby for help with Saldívar in pursuit calling her a "bitch".
Selena collapsed on the floor as the clerk called 911.
She later died in a hospital from blood loss at 1:05 pm.
Source: Read Full Article