Louise Minchin didn’t tell BBC pal Dan Walker she was going on I’m A Celebrity
Former BBC Breakfast news presenter Louise Minchin has been confirmed as part of the cohort who will be heading into the famous Welsh castle for this year's series of I’m A Celebrity…Get Me Out Of Here!
The popular news reader and breakfast show beauty has revealed that she didn't tell her former co-host, Dan Walker, that she was heading into the Castle.
“I didn’t tell Dan Walker I was doing I’m A Celebrity before coming to Wales," she said, "but I don’t think he will be surprised!"
She spoke of their bond, saying: "He knows me well and I think he will be both excited and nervous for me. I have been voting for him on Strictly so fingers crossed he will vote for me a lot.”
In September the fan favourite presenter left popular show she had worked on for 20 years, and is now about to embark upon a new adventure.
She has said that she hopes her former BBC colleague and friend, Dan Walker, will vote for her to take part in as many trials as possible.
She explained that she has always dreamt of doing the trials, and has said: “Going on I’m A Celebrity is a big adventure.
“It is very different to sitting on the BBC Breakfast sofa and it will be scary and daunting but it will also be lots of fun.“
Louise said: "I’ve driven past the Castle quite a few times and I am really excited for it to be in Wales again.
"This time last year I had a broken ankle and I literally sat on the sofa at home watching every single minute of it thinking, ‘Oh my gosh that Castle looks incredible, one day I would love to be part of it’ and now I am!”
Speaking on her castle stint, she opened up about her family who are worried that she'll scream a lot.
She said: “Being away from my family will be tough and I will miss them desperately. I talk to my daughters every single day about three times a day.
"I will also miss my really comfortable bed and my bath. I’ve camped before but that was only ever for two nights!"
We can't wait to see our favourite former BBC breakfast host step inside the castle!
I’m A Celebrity…Get Me Out Of Here! returns to ITV on Sunday, November 21.
For more of the latest showbiz news from Daily Star, make sure you sign up for one of our newsletters here.
Source: Read Full Article