Piers Morgan reveals he will be replaced on Good Morning Britain next week

Piers Morgan and Susanna Reid have revealed they will be taking a break from Good Morning Britain next week and will be replaced.

The presenter, 55, revealed that reporting on the coronavirus pandemic has been tiring and that the hosts will take a week-long break.

Speaking on Wednesday morning’s show, Piers said he will be taking next week off, as it was supposed to be Half Term.

  • Piers Morgan hits back after receiving death threats and petition for him to be sacked from Good Morning Britain

  • Piers Morgan says Kate Garraway is going through 'living hell' and 'prays' her husband Derek survives coronavirus

Joking about staying at home during the break, Susanna asked Piers if he would be going anywhere nice, to which he replied: “I’m going upstairs!”

Piers then added: “Susanna, Dr Hilary and I are actually going to have a week off. We’re gonna have Half Term off next week. Even though, of course, there is no Half Term.”

Reflecting on their hard work in the studio, the presenter then added: “It’s been a long old haul. We’re all feeling a bit [tired].”

Get exclusive celebrity stories and fabulous photoshoots straight to your inbox with OK!'s daily newsletter. You can sign up at the top of the page.

  • Download OK! magazine's FREE app and get all the latest gossip straight to your phone

  • Get celebrity exclusives, at home tours, fashion and beauty news and clever cleaning hacks straight to your inbox!

It comes after Piers hit back after revealing he had received death threats and calls for him to be sacked from the show.

Piers has been criticising the government over their handling of the pandemic, with some branding his questioning “harsh” and “combative”.

Read More

Good Morning Britain

  • The Chase’s Bradley Walsh takes aim …
  • Piers Morgan and Vicky Pattison flir…
  • Piers Morgan admits he ‘took things …
  • Susanna Reid covers face after Good …

Taking to Twitter, Piers wrote: “Memo to trolls: the more you try to silence me with foul-mouthed abuse, death threats & petitions for me to be fired, the louder & harder I will challenge the Govt over its handling of this crisis. Lives depend on it."

As the debate continued, Piers made a very public blocking of one user, who tweeted: "Enjoy your big garden, sip the expensive wine and give us a day off."

He then hit back hit back: "I'll give you a lifetime off, relax. BLOCKED."

  • Piers Morgan gives update Kate Garraway’s husband Derek Draper as he battles coronavirus in hospital

  • Kate Garraway has video call with husband Derek — but doesn't know if he can hear her

Piers received Ofcom complaints about his interview with Care Minister Helen Whately last month.

The media regulator cleared Piers after 4,000 complaints were received over his interviewing style with government ministers.

"His guests were given adequate opportunity to put their points across and counter the presenter's criticisms," a statement from Ofcom said.

"In Ofcom's view, in line with freedom of expression, it is clearly in the public interest that broadcasters are able to hold those making political decisions to account, particularly during a major national crisis, such as the coronavirus pandemic."

Source: Read Full Article