The Crown viewers horrified as Charles and Diana's wedding is cut from show with 'outrageous' time jump
THE Crown viewers were thrilled to dive into series 4 after Sunday's relase – but one aspect of the new episodes has ruffled feathers.
The acclaimed drama's latest instalment sparked major anticipation when it confirmed the arrival of Princess Diana, played by Emma Corrin.
- The best series on Netflix
- The best movies on Netflix
- New on Netflix: What to watch this week
Teaser pics of Corrin in Diana's iconic wedding dress sparked nostalgia in fans of the show and ever since they have been waiting to see the lavish ceremony unfold on screens.
Unfortunately they were left wanting more as the drama opted to skip the wedding with an abrupt time jump.
Rather than recreating the wedding that was watched by 750million people across the globe, a voiceover of a priest's sermon was heard, while the family got all dressed up in Buckingham Palace.
Charles (Josh O'Connor), who is clearly still taken with Camilla Parker-Bowles (Emerald Fennell), shares a poignant look with his mother Queen Elizabeth II (Olivia Colman) as he prepares for the big moment.
Meanwhile Diana is seen being dressed in her iconic, voluminous wedding dress and preening herself for the screaming crowds.
The episode concludes with a shot of Diana about to leave the palace, with her flowing train trailing behind her.
From there, the camera fades to black, and the series picks up months later in the next episode, after a time jump.
Fans took to Twitter to express their outrage at missing out on the wedding in all its extravagant glory.
What’s on Netflix, Disney+ and Amazon Prime?
Looking for a new Netflix series to binge or the best movies to watch on Amazon Prime? We have you covered…
- New on Netflix: The best series and films released every day
- The best movies on Netflix to watch right now
- The best series to watch on Netflix
- The most terrifying horrors to watch on Netflix right now
- The best documentaries to watch on Netflix right now
- The best comedies to watch on Netflix right now
- The best thrillers to watch on Netflix right now
- The best kids' shows on Netflix to watch right now
- The best true crime series to watch on Netflix
- The best movies to watch on Amazon Prime
- The best series to watch on Amazon Prime
- The best series on Disney+
"A bit disappointed with the wedding of Charles & Diana. All the footage in the trailer is what you see. Just a glimpse of her dress and that’s it?" one user complained.
"Netflix WHERE'S THIS ROYAL Wedding?" a second asked.
"Hate how they didn’t show us the wedding," a third fumed.
While a fourth moaned: "That’s all we got of the wedding?!?! It’s so annoying. Come on I’ve been waiting for this for over a year."
The furore comes after many were left 'ugly crying' by emotional Princess Diana scenes as she struggled to cope with the pressures of royal life.
Meanwhile some fans were left baffled after spotting a striking Kate Middleton lookalike in the crowds of a parade scene.
Others 'lost their minds' as Prince Edward dropped C-bomb on Charles in a brutal takedown.
The Crown seasons 1-4 are available to stream on Netflix now.
Source: Read Full Article