The Politician’s Theo Germaine wishes James had ‘revealed more of his backstory’ in season two of Netflix show – The Sun
THE Politician's Theo Germaine has revealed how they wished James Sullivan had 'revealed more of his backstory' in season two of the Netflix show.
The comedy-drama follows ambitious Payton Hobart, who ran for student body president at St. Sebastian in season one and for State Senate of New York in season two.
- The 20 best series on Netflix
- The 25 best films on Netflix
Theo – who is trans non-binary in real life – plays Payton's campaign manager and advisor, whose gender identity is never discussed on the show.
While Theo loves that this allows James to just exist and be normal, they do wish elements of James' backstory had been explored in the second season.
Speaking to Digital Spy, Theo explained: "I think there’s a lot that you don’t learn about James in season two that I was hoping to learn.
"But that can also present a good challenge, which is: you have to work harder to fill in all the gaps, depending on how much you see a character on screen.
"I’ve envisioned that he’s definitely bisexual, and my backstory involves him probably having a boyfriend at some point.
"That’s a decision that I made in what his fluidity is."
They continued: "I think that there are a lot of characters who have a more robust storyline in season two, and there are some that have less of one.
"And I think that there are pros and cons to that. But yeah, I definitely would have liked to have seen a bit more of his backstory and his involvement."
What's on Netflix and Amazon Prime?
Looking for a new Netflix series to binge or the best movies to watch on Amazon Prime? We have you covered…
- New on Netflix: The best series and films released every day
- The best movies on Netflix to watch right now
- The best series to watch on Netflix
- The most terrifying horrors to watch on Netflix right now
- The best documentaries to watch on Netflix right now
- The best comedies to watch on Netflix right now
- The best thrillers to watch on Netflix right now
- The best kids' shows on Netflix to watch right now
- The best movies to watch on Amazon Prime
- The best series to watch on Amazon Prime
As for James's gender identity not being discussed in the Ryan Murphy series, Theo added: "Everyone is very excited that there is a show where queerness isn’t talked about, and it just kind of is and it’s normal. "The fact that I'm often asked that question is just a reflection of how unheard of it is."
The Politician seasons 1 and 2 are available to stream on Netflix now.
Source: Read Full Article