Why has Viewpoint been cancelled by ITV?
Viewpoint: Zoe makes a call to DC Martin Young
When you subscribe we will use the information you provide to send you these newsletters. Sometimes they’ll include recommendations for other related newsletters or services we offer. Our Privacy Notice explains more about how we use your data, and your rights. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Viewpoint started airing on Monday on ITV and the crime drama had been keeping fans on the edge of their seats. The five-episode series has been airing across consecutive days, leaving viewers wanting more with each cliffhanger. Fans will not be able to find out what happened at the end as ITV has made the decision to drop the finale from the TV schedule tonight.
This is following allegations against actor Noel Clarke, who stars as one of the main characters in the series.
An ITV spokesperson said: “ITV has a zero tolerance policy to bullying, harassment and victimisation and robust procedures in place to investigate and deal with any complaints. We strongly believe that everyone deserves to work in a supportive and safe environment.
“In light of the very serious nature of the allegations against Noel Clarke raised by 20 women in the Guardian’s report, ITV has decided it is no longer appropriate to broadcast the final episode of the drama Viewpoint on ITV main channel this evening.
“We are mindful that some of our viewers have already invested four hours of their time over the past four nights in following this thriller which was due to conclude this evening, and they have yet to see the final episode.
“As such we plan to make it available on ITV Hub tonight for a limited time for any viewers who wish to seek it out, and watch its conclusion.”
The TV guide has not yet been updated with what will air in its place.
Sky has also announced it has halted its work with the actor following the allegations of sexual harassment.
Clarke has a role in the crime drama Bulletproof, which had a fourth series commissioned at the start of the year.
The actor, 45, has said in a statement he “vehemently” denies “any sexual misconduct or wrongdoing”.
In the statement, made on April 29, he said he intended to “defend myself against these false allegations”.
The allegations had come from 20 women whom he had known in a professional capacity.
In his statement he added: “In a 20-year career, I have put inclusivity and diversity at the forefront of my work and never had a complaint made against me.
“If anyone who has worked with me has ever felt uncomfortable or disrespected, I sincerely apologise.”
Viewpoint viewers had been calling for the crime drama to be pulled following the allegations.
Source: Read Full Article