10-year-old boy hurt after fire breaks out in Bronx apartment

A Bronx boy was rescued after he began crying for help as a fire broke out in his apartment building, authorities said.

The blaze raced through a seventh-floor apartment at 125 West 228th St. in the Marble Hill section at 8:15 a.m., according to an FDNY spokesman.

Neighbors reported seeing the 10-year-old leaning out a seventh-floor window of the 14-story building yelling, “Help! Help!”

The boy has “asthma problems” and was unconscious when taken out of the building, according to a neighbor.

The child suffered smoke inhalation and was taken to Jacobi Medical Center with non life-threatening injuries, an NYPD spokesman said. One firefighter was transported to North Central Bronx. His condition was not immediately known. The FDNY declared the blaze under control shortly before 9 a.m., authorities said.

Officials did not immediately say what sparked the blaze or if the boy had been home alone.

Share this article:

Source: Read Full Article