Bobbi-Anne McLeod 'may have struggled' with abductor who pounced at bus stop before murder, say pals

BOBBI-Anne McLeod "would have struggled" with her abductor who pounced on her at a bus stop before her murder, a friend of the teen has said.

Police revealed today Bobbi was snatched and murdered by a stranger as they continued searching a home close to where she vanished.

The teen was last seen alive at a bus stop in Plymouth, where her headphones and a pouch of tobacco were later discovered on grass nearby.

And a friend of Bobbi-Anne's said the scattered items suggested the victim may have struggled.

She told the PA news agency: "The fact Bobbi's Airpods and baccy were at the bus stop, that shows she would have struggled."

Police are continuing to quiz a 24-year-old man on suspicion of Bobbi-Anne's murder.

The pal added she believed she "didn't have a clue" who her attacker or attackers were.

Officers confirmed today there is "no known link" between the suspect and Bobbi-Anne.

Locals have been laying floral tributes close to the site of Ms McLeod's disappearance.

A candlelit vigil for the teenager close to the Bampton Road bus stop is planned for 6pm on Thursday.

Forensic officers were seen combing for clues at a house in Plymouth last night and this morning as the murder probe continues.

The semi-detached home has been cordoned off by police, who haven't confirmed whether or not the raid is connected to Bobbi-Anne's death.

It just four miles from where the teenager was last seen waiting for a bus before she vanished on Saturday night.

Cops said today a "significant" number of searches have been carried out across Plymouth in relation to the investigation.

Assistant Chief Constable Nikki Leaper added: "I would like to reassure the public that at this time we are not seeking anyone else in relation to this matter."

Police also confirmed a 26-year-old man also arrested on suspicion of murder has been released with no further action.

The pair were held after police searching for the teen found the body of a woman near popular Bovisand Beach.

Sources close to the family previously told The Sun they have no idea who the two suspects are.

It is understood police are investigating whether Bobbi-Anne was taken by a stranger off the street.

Cops are also attempting to establish how many people are involved in her disappearance and whether there was a sexual motive.

Bobbi-Anne's brother himself expressed fears she had been abducted while desperately appealing for information.

He said previously: "Someone has my f***ing sister".

Chilling details of Bobbi-Anne's final journey emerged yesterday after she left her home at 6pm to meet her boyfriend Louie Leach.

The teenager was last seen at a nearby bus stop 15 minutes later – with her headphones and a pouch of tobacco later discovered on grass nearby.

After she failed to meet with her boyfriend of six months, he raised the alarm.

His mother Adele told The Sun: “She was meant to see him at the time.

“Louie was at home, he was waiting for her.”

He is now reportedly being comforted by Bobbi-Anne's heartbroken family and is said to be "crushed" by the tragedy.

Tributes have flooded in for the teenager led by her brother Lee.

He shared a touching childhood photo of the two of them beaming at the camera in their primary school uniforms.

Lee wrote: "Until we meet again sis. I love you.

"You didn't deserve this, such a beautiful and talented girl, and to have you as my little sister, the adventure and journey we had will always be treasured. Now go rest easy."

A GoFundMe page has now been launched to help her heartbroken family with funeral costs.

Police launched a huge search after the teen disappeared and were seen over the past three days carrying out painstaking fingertip searches on grassland.

Officers were also posted at the entrance to the underpass where Bobbi-Anne had made her way to the bus stop before she disappeared.

Despite their efforts, police yesterday confirmed the body of a woman had been found last night near Bovisand Beach.

A road leading down to the popular beach, which is nestled below cliffs, has now been cordoned off.

Formal identification is yet to take place but Bobbi-Anne's family have been informed of the development and are being supported by investigators.

Chief Superintendent Matt Longman said: "This is weighing heavy on the people of Plymouth tonight, it really is.

"And I would just like to send my thoughts to the friends and family of Bobbi-Anne; that actually feels like it's a relatively inadequate thing to say at such a time."

    Source: Read Full Article