Boris Johnson says it's 'unlikely' he will record Meghan's interview
Boris Johnson admits it’s ‘unlikely’ he will record Harry and Meghan’s bombshell interview with Oprah adding he will focus on the vaccine rollout and economic recovery instead
- The Prime Minister said he is focusing on the jabs rollout and economic recovery
- Boris Johnson spoke during a visit to a vaccination centre in Brent, north London
- It comes after the Queen will reportedly ‘ignore’ the sit down with Oprah Winfrey
- Meanwhile reports say that royal courtiers have branded the interview a ‘circus’
Boris Johnson has said it is ‘unlikely’ he will record the Duke and Duchess of Sussex’s bombshell interview with Oprah Winfrey.
The Prime Minister laughed before saying he is focusing on the jabs rollout and the economic recovery during a visit to a vaccination centre in Brent, north London.
It comes after the Queen will reportedly ‘ignore’ the sit down, which has been branded a ‘circus’ by royal courtiers.
Harry and Meghan’s televised chat with the talk show host has fuelled tensions within the monarchy but will air in the US on Sunday before on Monday in the UK.
Mr Johnson said: ‘Of course I’m interested in all sorts of stuff in the news around the world. I think it is quite late our time, so I’ll probably miss it.’
Pushed on whether he would record the interview: ‘I think it unlikely. We are focusing on the vaccine rollout and economic recovery.’
The Prime Minister said he is focusing on the jabs rollout and the economic recovery during a visit to a vaccination centre in Brent, north London (pictured)
Harry and Meghan’s televised conversation with the talk show host, which has fuelled tensions within the monarchy, will air in the US on Sunday night before being broadcast on ITV on Monday
The monarch will not watch the programme and is instead focusing on national issues, the Sunday Times said.
Meanwhile, the Queen’s mind is said to be ‘only on duty and Prince Philip’, according to the Sunday Express.
In extracts of the interview, Meghan has criticised the constraints she faced as a working royal, and said it was ‘liberating’ to ‘say yes’ to a request for an interview.
She accused The Firm – as the royal family is sometimes known – of ‘perpetuating falsehoods’ about her and Harry.
It was also reported royal advisers are ‘prepared to retaliate with fresh disclosures about the couple’s behaviour if the monarchy is attacked.’
Buckingham Palace declined to comment on the reports.
While acknowledging that the two-hour interview, to be screened in the US tonight and the UK tomorrow, is likely to include further uncomfortable moments, an insider icily highlighted Britain faced more important issues
Several members of the royal family will appear in their own television special, just hours before Harry and Meghan, on a BBC One programme on Sunday evening.
The Queen, the Prince of Wales, the Duchess of Cornwall and the Countess of Wessex – will appear in the pre-recorded show called A Celebration For Commonwealth Day, which is marked on Monday.
The Cambridges will chat in a video call with Dr Zolelwa Sifumba, from South Africa, an advocate for the rights of healthcare workers on the front line.
And Prince Charles will pay tribute to the ‘extraordinary determination, courage and creativity’ of the Commonwealth’s people during the Covid crisis.
It was at Westminster Abbey’s Commonwealth Day service in March last year when the Sussexes were last seen with their family, sitting close to the Queen, Charles, Camilla and William and Kate.
It was at Westminster Abbey’s Commonwealth Day service in March last year when the Sussexes were last seen with their family, sitting close to the Queen, Charles, Camilla and William and Kate
A few months before that they had sent shockwaves through the monarchy by announcing they would be stepping down as working royals.
Buckingham Palace could also question the Duchess of Cambridge in its inquiry into bullying allegations made against Meghan, according to the Sunday Mirror, which claimed aides will name Kate as a witness.
Meghan is facing accusations that she drove out two personal assistants and that staff were ‘humiliated’ on several occasions, with the Sun reporting the probe will focus on the Sussexes’ tour of Australia in 2018.
Past and present employees have been invited to speak in confidence about their experiences of working for the duchess, who responded by saying she was ‘saddened by this latest attack on her character’.
The Duke of Edinburgh, 99, remains at the private King Edward VII’s Hospital in London, where he was moved back to on Friday following a successful procedure on a pre-existing heart condition at St Bartholomew’s Hospital in the City of London on Wednesday.
The Duke, the nation’s longest-serving consort, has spent 19 nights in hospital – his longest ever stay.
The Sussexes have faced calls for the broadcast on Sunday to be postponed out of respect for Philip.
Source: Read Full Article