Brian Laundrie was a ‘chubby social outcast’ at school, says friend
A LONG-time friend of Brian Laundrie has revealed the fugitive was a "heavier set social outcast” when they were at school together.
Laundrie's pal exclusively told The Sun that Gabby Petito's on-the-run fiancé was nearly 40 pounds heavier when he was 14-years-old than he is now.
The friend said Laundrie was a private person that was never into social media or photos until he started his van travels with Gabby.
"These last two years were the most public and open he has ever been. He's a pretty disconnected off the grid type of guy, not the 'selfie' type."
“He's the type of person that would be able to drop everything to secure his means of not being captured and to evade arrest or evade prosecution from what seems to be a pending crime.”
"I think he'd be able to put the resources together to get out of the country, either illegally or under some sort of a fake identification."
The friend revealed Laundrie had “zero friends” in middle school and would sit at the lunch table with two other people. The pair were friendly at that time but didn’t become friends until high school.
'MY FRIENDS HAVE GUNS'
“Brian was very quiet in school. He was a bit of an outcast when he was younger. He was just so to himself.”
He added: “Brian cut his hair and lost weight in high school.”
Read our Brian Laundrie live blog for the very latest news and updates…
The friend had been to Laundrie's residence in Bayport, New York multiple times and visited the Florida home once.
Within the friend group, a common interest is guns but he finds it eerie that Laundrie had been keen on moving to Florida since high school.
"A lot of my friends have guns and stuff,” the friend said. “The gun laws in Florida were a lot less restrictive than New York so it was interesting for him to move to another state that allowed that.”
Laundrie's friend group consists of four close members. The friend has a gut-feeling that Laundrie will reach out to him looking for help and it “freaks him out.”
“The reason it would be me is his other very close friends were also very close with Gabby but I was just very close with him,” the friend said. “He might think I wouldn't hold some stigma or I wouldn't care about the matter."
"I get calls from unknown numbers and from blocked callers and my heart drops. I just think it's gonna be him on the other side, you never know."
Brian Laundrie timeline
Brian Laundrie has not been seen since the morning of September 13. Here is a timeline of Laundrie’s latest whereabouts:
- July 2021: Brian Laundrie and his fiancé Gabby Petito leave for a grip across the country. The couple visit numerous national parks across the way.
- August 12: Police in Utah respond to an incident involving the couple. The bodycam footage is not released for another month but it shows a visibly upset Gabby talking to police after reports of a domestic violence incident outside a grocery store.
- August 24: Gabby is seen leaving a hotel in Salt Lake City, Utah, with Laundrie.
- September 1: Laundrie returns to his home in North Port, Florida without Gabby.
- September 6: Laundrie joins his family on a camping trip about 75 miles from their home in North Port.
- September 11: Gabby's family reports her missing.
- September 13: Laundrie leaves home to go hiking in Carlton Reserve, Florida. His family had initially said he departed on September 14, but revised their timeline weeks later.
- September 15: Laundrie is named a person of interest in the case of Gabby.
- September 16: Bodycam footage is released regarding the incident between Gabby and Laundrie.
- September 19: The FBI announces a body found at a Wyoming national park is believed to be that of Gabby's.
- September 23: The FBI issued a warrant for Laundrie's arrest claiming he "used unauthorized debit cards after Gabby Petito's death."
- September 26: A funeral is held for Gabby in New York.
- September 27: Dog the Bounty Hunter announces he will lend a hand and help search for Laundrie.
- September 28: Gabby's family held an emotional press conference as the search for Laundrie continued.
- October 5: Laundrie's sister, Cassie, appeared on Good Morning America and urged her brother to come forward.
- October 7: Laundrie's father, Chris Laundrie, assisted law enforcement in the search to find his son.
We pay for your stories!
Do you have a story for The US Sun team?
Email us at [email protected] or call 212 416 4552.
Like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TheSunUS and follow us from our main Twitter account at @TheSunUS
Source: Read Full Article