Disturbing moment Astroworld concertgoers DANCE on ambulance

Disturbing moment Astroworld concertgoers DANCED on ambulance trying to reach victims of deadly crowd surge at Travis Scott concert

  • Video shows three people dancing atop an emergency vehicle Friday night
  • Another person tries to climb up while a female passenger screams, ‘Get off!’
  • A different clip shows a person dancing on an ambulance in front of the stage
  • Eight people died and hundreds were injured after a deadly crowd surge
  • Scott performed for 37 minutes after a ‘mass casualty’ event was declared 
  • A lawyer for festival founder Travis Scott says Scott had no authority to stop 

Video from Friday’s deadly Astroworld Festival shows concertgoers raging atop an emergency vehicle as it wades through the crowd.

The footage shows at least three people dancing on the hood of what appears to be a golf cart outfitted with emergency lights. Another man is shown climbing the vehicle while a female passenger tries to fight him off.

A crowd surge on the first night of the two-day festival killed eight people, caused 11 others to go into cardiac arrest and injured hundreds more who were treated at an onsite medical tent. 

Festival founder Travis Scott is known for encouraging ‘ranging’ at his rowdy shows, but his lawyer says he had no authority to stop Friday’s show. 

Authorities say he kept performing for at least 37 minutes after a ‘mass casualty’ event had been declared.


At least three people danced on an emergency vehicle in the crowd at Friday’s Astroworld

A passenger screamed, ‘Get off!’ as another concertgoer tried to party above the golf cart

Travis Scott kept performing for at least 37 minutes after a ‘mass casualty’ event was declared

A 23-second clip posted on Twitter on Saturday shows the rambunctious crowd members dancing and gesturing above the emergency vehicle as it tries to penetrate the dense crowd.

‘Get off!’ screams a female inside the vehicle as another person tries to climb up.

Another nine-second video shows a lone person dancing on top of a different emergency vehicle trying to make its way through the audience. 

A person by the Instagram handle @itzlune_, who social media users have identified as one of the people on top of the emergency golf cart, appeared defiant in an Instagram Stories post after the deadly show.

‘Uh oh guys. Cancel culture is at it again,’ he wrote, adding a laughing emoji. 

‘This is how i know the crowd was full of baby butt soft a** people,’ he said. ‘We rage forreal, im sorry you guys wanna have a sad day about it.’ 

One person identified by social media users as one of the people on the emergency vehicle appeared defiant in an Instagram post after the deadly show

The eight dead (L-R): Rodolfo ‘Rudy’ Pena, 23; Jacob Jurinek, 20; Franco Patino, 21; Brianna Rodriguez, 16; Danish Baig, 27; Axel Acosta, 21; John Hilgert, 14; Madison Dubiski, 23.

The user has since blocked comments on his Instagram account.

On Wednesday, Houston Police chief Troy Finner held a press conference to update the public on the ongoing investigation into Friday’s deadly crowd surge.

When asked about how the concert came to an end, and why Scott was able to complete his set, the chief said investigators are still looking into the specifics during a press conference Wednesday.

‘I don’t know, and that’s part of the investigation,’ he told reporters, adding ‘We’ve been looking and the timelines have moved and that’s why we shouldn’t jump ahead of things, lets just wait. That’s part of the investigation.’

Finner, who said he did not have a close relationship with Scott and had only met him twice, said whether or not the show went on was not up to the police department.

Houston Fire Chief Samuel Peña said Tuesday that Travis Scott should’ve ‘absolutely’ stopped Friday’s Astroworld show when he saw people struggling

‘Authorities ability to end the show – we don’t hold the plug, okay? But it’s always in a plan, there’s always discussion of how that would happen and we had those discussions with the promoters,’ Finner said.

‘The ultimate authority to end the show is with production and the entertainer,’ he added.

Video from Friday shows that Scott paused the show momentarily after noticing an ambulance in the crowd. He asked the crowd to put their hands in the air to signify they’re safe and went on to continue performing. 

Scott’s attorney issued a statement that same day accusing police of ‘finger pointing’ and sending out mixed messages.

Attorney Edwin F. McPherson says the power to pause the festival, created by Scott and named after his 2018 album, lied solely with the director and executive producers, ‘neither of which is part of Travis’s crew.’ 

McPherson also blamed authorities for sending out mixed messages, a day after Chief Finner walked back claims, promoted on TMZ and other websites, that someone was going around drugging people after a security guard said he was pricked in the neck with a syringe.

‘There has been multiple finger-pointing, much of which has been by city officials, who have sent inconsistent messages and have backtracked from original statements,’ he wrote.

He quoted a story published in the New York Times in which Chief Finner said the show couldn’t just be stopped, even as ambulances made their way into the crowd, due to concerns about ‘riots, when you have a group that’s that young.’

McPherson said: ‘Yet, just a short time later, Chief Finner states the responsibility to stop the show falls on Travis.’

He added that the power to stop the show fell on organizers, who were not part of Scott’s inner circle, and said that police had stopped the show themselves at a previous iteration of the festival.

‘This also runs afoul of HPD’s own previous actions when it shut down the power and sound at this very festival when the performance ran over 5 minutes back in 2019.

The back-and-forth comes as Scott, his record label, concert promoters and the NRG Park venue face 58 lawsuits, including one from the family of a 9-year-old boy who is in a coma after he was stomped on during the crowd surge.

Texas attorney Thomas J. Henry, father of Liam Payne’s girlfriend Maya Henry, says that he is being contacted by more people ‘by the hour.’

He’s representing 68 people in one lawsuit, including 23-year-old concertgoer Kristian Paredes whose complaint accuses Scott and Drake of ‘inciting mayhem’ at the event in Houston on Friday night.

Paredes says he was left ‘severely injured’ and is demanding $1 million to cover the costs of his healthcare treatment.

He ‘felt an immediate push’ at the front of the general admission section as Travis Scott got on stage, the complaint said.

Around 2pm hundreds of fans stormed the festival’s VIP entrance. About seven hours later the surge in front of the main stage killed eight people but the two events appear to be unrelated

Members of the 50,000-strong crowd surged toward the stage, killing eight and injuring hundreds

Ambulances outside the venue on Friday night amid the chaos

The Astroworld main stage, in a parking lot at the NRG Center, where Travis Scott was performing Friday evening when a surging crowd killed eight people

‘The crowd became chaotic and a stampede began,’ it went on. ‘Many begged security guards hired by Live Nation Entertainment for help, but were ignored.’

The family of a 9-year-old boy who is still in a coma is also suing Scott, his record company Cactus Jack Records and several Live Nation and NRG Park employees.

Ezra Blount was dropped when his father Treston passed out as he held him above the crush of bodies at show. He has extensive damage to his lungs, kidneys, liver, heart and brain.

Blount’s family blamed Scott and organizers for failing to stop the show for more than 40 minutes after a ‘mass casualty event’ had been declared by city officials, despite pausing the concert on three occasions.

The family of 9-year-old Ezra Blunt (right), who was left in a coma after being ‘nearly crushed to death’ at Travis Scott’s Astroworld concert, says they’re suing the star for $1 million

Ezra Blount, 9, traveled from his mother’s house in Dallas to see Scott with his dad Treston

Bharti Shahani, a senior at Texas A&M, is brain dead and on a ventilator at a Houston hospital after she was trampled on Friday

‘Due to his severe injuries which are swelling in the back of brain damage and trauma to nearly all organs we are certain that he was trampled and is still in induced coma,’ Treston wrote on a GoFundMe initiative for his son, which has raised over $50,000.

Bharti Shahani, a 22-year-old senior at Texas A&M, was declared brain dead on Tuesday, according to KTRK.

‘Once one person fell, people started toppling like dominos. It was like a sinkhole. People were falling on top of each other,’ her cousin Mohit Bellani said.

‘There were like layers of bodies on the ground, like two people thick. We were fighting to come up to the top and breathe to stay alive.’

Her sister Namrata added: ‘Once we let go of her hand, the next time we saw her, we were in the ER.’

Bharti remains in critical condition on a ventilator at Houston Methodist Hospital.

Scott, who is known for his rowdy concerts, has pled guilty to misdemeanors twice after inciting chaos at his concerts.

Source: Read Full Article