'Donkey Kong' and 'Trump' pills being sold online for just £3 despite Reading and Leeds Festival teen deaths

KILLER Donald Trump and Donkey Kong ecstasy pills linked to festival deaths over the weekend are being sold online for just £3, a Sun Online investigation found.

Cops issued a warning about the "very dangerous" drugs the day before a 17-year-old girl died of a suspected overdose at Leeds Festival.


The pills, which are called Trumps as they are in the shape of the US president's face, as well as Donkey Kongs and Skypes contain around three times the average dose of MDMA.

A Sun Online probe found lethal MDMA pills being sold on the web for as little as £3 per pill or £150 for 50.

One website, that makes no attempt to disguise what it is doing in the URL and that we are not naming, is offering 25 Donkey Kong pills for £200 – or just £8 for one pill.

The ad boasts the pills contain an "extreme high dose" of 453mg of MDMA, while Skype pills being flogged on the website contains 200mg of the drug.

Experts say 300mg of MDMA is three times a strong dose for an adult male.

Our reporter found both the Donkey Kong and Skype pills could be paid for using Bitcoin, Western Union or Money Gram.

The cheapest capsules, being sold under the same "Molly", will set revellers back £2.95 per pill.

The website claims it has 225 products in stock with 632 "happy clients" – and even offers a 30 days return policy.

It ships all products worldwide – usually in "soft toys, video cassettes, dolls" – to ensure the packages are "very discreet".

Our findings came after West Yorkshire Police issued a warning to festival goers about potentially lethal high-strength ecstasy pills that had been found at Leeds ahead of the Bank Holiday weekend.

The force said: "They have been found in circulation onsite.

"These are very dangerous, high strength pills, up to three times the normal average adult dose."

The warning was issued a day before the teen died in the early hours of Sunday morning, with a 17-year-old boy arrested on suspicion of supplying controlled drugs.

How to get help

Mike Dixon, Chief Executive at drug and alcohol charity Addaction, said: “The strength of ecstasy can vary a lot. This makes it hard for people to know what dose they’re taking, which can lead to overdose.

"It’s safest to take only a very small amount at first to get a better sense of the strength of that batch.

“Signs of overdose include increased body temperature and excessive sweating, irregular and rapid heart rate, blurred vision and uncontrolled body movements. If you see someone with these symptoms call emergency services right away.

"It’s also really important that people know where to go for help if they need it. People can approach their GP, their local drug service or access help anonymously through Addaction’s online web chat.”

The tragedy was the third suspected drug death at UK music events over the weekend after Courtney Chamberlain collapsed while partying at The Warehouse nightspot in Leeds.

Courtney, 18, was rushed to Leeds General Infirmary by ambulance at 3.18am but died shortly afterwards despite frantic efforts to save her by paramedics and doctors.

A 19-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of supplying class A drugs.

And at Creamfields dance music festival, a 19-year-old died after he was spotted looking unwell by security staff.

Chilling figures released this week revealed there were 2,917 deaths related to drug misuse in England and Wales in 2018 and 92 deaths caused by MDMA poisoning.

But experts have warned the drugs are now stronger than ever – with super-strength ecstasy alone causing the deaths of more than 60 people in England and Wales in 2016.

Mike Dixon, Chief Executive at drug and alcohol charity Addaction, said: "Deaths relating to ecstasy have gone up by over 400 per cent in the past ten years with increasing strength putting more people at risk.

"Drug checking services are a sensible way of helping people make choices about the risks they are taking. Through the work of The Loop, they are now commonplace at festivals and should be available in any environment where drugs are commonly taken.

"We need to do what works to keep people alive.”

Source: Read Full Article