Family horror as toddler, 2, dies after getting lethal electric shock from mobile phone charger

A GIRL of two has died from an electric shock after touching a mobile phone charger.

Sara Alves de Albuquerque was rushed to hospital – but passed away despite the best efforts of doctors.

She was shocked in Erere, in north-eastern Brazil, on Monday August 23, according to Globo.

Reports have not indicated the make of phone, or whether it was a charger from a recognised brand.

The local mayor, Emanuelle Gomes Martins, paid tribute to the girl on Facebook.

He wrote: "The government of Erere expresses deep regret for the death of the child Sara Alves de Albuquerque.

"In this moment of deep pain, the municipal public administration sympathises with family and friends, and expresses its most sincere condolences for the unspeakable loss."

Social media user Viviane Gomes Freitas wrote: "Rest in peace, little Sara.

"You're a little angel with little wings now. Take care of your mummy from up there above, you hear?"

Celia Paiva wrote: "There are moments when we cannot find the words to externalise our feelings, above all when it's reported about a child.

"I wish them a lot of strength. May God comfort her parents', relatives' and friends' suffering hearts."

Cops continue to probe the youngster's death.

You're a little angel with little wings now.

The tot's passing is the latest in a series of similar lethal electric shocks.

Sara's horrific death comes as Brazil registered 355 deaths from electric shocks last year alone.

It comes after Kittisak Moonkitti, 28, was found dead in his bedroom with burn marks on his hand and forearm while still holding his handset.

His mum Rinnaporn, from Chonburi, western Thailand, made the horrifying discovery when she was leaving for work in2019.

She found Kittisak dead, but holding his black Android smartphone, which was plugged into the mains while he was playing games.

OTHER SHOCK DEATHS

His hands and arms bore scorch marks and when she poked him with a stick he was unresponsive.

    Source: Read Full Article