‘Fatal’ Darth Vader ecstasy pills are being sold to school children online

A "fatal" pill containing a mix of MDMA, ketamine and cocaine shaped like Darth Vader is being sold to school children, police have warned.

The blue tablets can pose a significant risk to users and police have had reports of youngsters falling ill and unconscious after taking it.

Police officers in Exeter and Devon took to Twitter to warn parents about the drug being sold on the Dark Web and urged them to educate their children about the risks of drug taking, Bristol Live reports .

Last year a 14-year-old boy suffered kidney failure after taking half a pill and three teens and an adult have died in the space of a month in the south west of England after taking suspected ecstasy pills.

A post on the Exeter Police Twitter account said: “Exeter Neighbourhood Team are concerned children are using Darth Vader brought on the dark web with fatal consequences.

“Please ensure you know where your child is and teach them about the risks of drug use.”

Detective Constable Chris Empson, of Devon and Cornwall Police, said: “This is not just really experienced cyber criminals, we are looking at teenagers who are looking at this tech for their own gain and this technology removes the physical barriers to crime in the future because they can do it in the comfort of their own bedrooms.

“This is a new threat that we are facing."

The North and West Devon Police force said in a statement released on Twitter: "We have had lots of reports of youngsters taking this drug ‘darthvader’ and falling ill/ unconscious. It is a dangerous mix of MDMA, ketamine and cocaine. There is no safe dosage and you risk your life if you take it."

The account also confirmed they are aware of four people going to hospital following reports they had taken the Darth Vader pills.

Research suggests that many Ecstasy pills now contain benzylpiperazine (BZP) rather than MDMA as the main ingredient.

Just weeks ago Shakira Pellow, died in Cornwall, on July 14 after taking ‘ Duplo’ pills .

The 15-year-old swallowed what is thought to have been a blue, triangular tablet marked with the Lego Duplo logo, before going on to suffer three heart attacks

Source: Read Full Article