Five Turpin children 'abused by a DIFFERENT family who took them in after years of squalor at hands of sick parents'
FIVE Turpin children were reportedly abused by a different family that took them in after years of being held in squalor by their own parents.
Reports suggest that members of a Perris, California, family who were recently charged with physically and psychologically abusing foster children had previously taken in several members of the Turpin family.
The connection came to light after adult Turpin family members, Jordan, 21, and Jennifer, 33, opened up about the abuse they experienced at the hands of their parents for years during an interview on ABC's 20/20 earlier this month.
The Turpin family made headlines in 2018 after it was revealed that there was a severe case of maltreatment of their 13 kids within the household.
David and Louise Turpin were later sentenced to 25 years to life in prison after they pled guilty to holding captive and torturing their kids.
Now, three members of another Perris family who are believed to have taken five Turpin children in, are facing abuse charges as well.
In a sworn affidavit, an investigator said that both minor and dependent adult foster children within the home were sexually abused, locked in rooms, and screamed at.
Three family members, Marcelino Olguin, 62, Lennys Olguin, 36, and Rose Olguin, 57 are all facing abuse charges in the case.
Marcelino is facing charges for lewd acts with a minor age 14 or 15, lewd acts with a minor younger than 14, false imprisonment, and willful child cruelty.
Lennys is facing charges for false imprisonment, willful child cruelty, and dissuading a witness.
Rose is facing charges for false imprisonment, willful child cruelty, and dissuading a witness, according to The Press-Enterprise.
The three family members were charged on November 3 and are scheduled to be arraigned on December 16 after posting bail, the outlet reported.
WHEN DID THE INVESTIGATION START?
On the morning before the TV interview with Jordan and Jennifer Turpin aired, county officials announced that they were looking into some of the Turpin children's care.
The sisters disclosed in the interview that some of their adult siblings were lacking food and housing, despite a trust set up for the family that contains around $600,000 in private donations.
Mike Hestrin, Riverside County district attorney, said that the children “have been victimized again by the system."
"They’re living in crime-ridden neighborhoods. There's money for their education — they can't access it," he said, according to The Independent.
Riverside County is reportedly looking into the allegations that the Turpins cannot access their money, as well as the allegations that five of the children were held in the abusive foster home.
WHAT HAPPENED TO THE TURPINS?
Jordan Turpin was able to escape from her family home and call 911 on her parents in 2018.
Before she broke free, the siblings say their parents would often chain them to filthy beds and forced them to live in squalor for years.
They were cruelly fed only once a day, allowed to shower just once a year, and were deprived of toys and games.
While the parents ate well, they tormented their starving kids by leaving apple and pumpkin pies on the kitchen counter, but not letting them have any, said District Attorney Hestrin.
“There was a lot of starving,” Jordan told ABC News. “I would have to figure out how to eat. I would either eat ketchup or mustard or ice.”
When they were eventually rescued, the children were so malnourished that they were all assumed to be under 18, although seven were adults.
An 11-year-old child was so malnourished that her arm circumference was the equivalent of a 4-and-a-half-month-old baby, investigators said.
Source: Read Full Article