Hero Husky saves owners from terrifying blaze as bungalow burns to the ground
A hero Husky saved a couple's life by nudging them awake as their home was burned to the ground in a terrifying fire.
The bungalow of Bob and Valerie Trinder in Pevensey Bay, East Sussex, was destroyed by the blaze but things could have been much worse if not for the quick-thinking actions of Miya.
Bob, 66, was awoken by the eight-year-old dog and as he roused, noticed the smell of smoke, Sussex Live reports.
He said: "I rushed out of the bedroom and thought I'd left the kitchen light on but it was the glow from the fire outside.
"I shouted to my wife to get up and get dressed and I shot out and grabbed Miya’s lead.
"At that point it hadn’t entered the bungalow and the fire alarm hadn’t gone off.
“By the time the alarm went off the place was engulfed in smoke. It was terrifying.
"You couldn’t see our car out the front, the whole street was filled with thick smoke and flying embers.
"Miya gave us those extra two, two and half minutes to get out."
Bob is convinced that the brave animal saved their lives in the early hours of May 4.
The trio managed to escape the blaze but petrified Miya slipped out of her lead and ran back into the fire, but Bob ran after the dog to retrieve her.
Overexcited dog plunges headfirst through glass door to greet pizza delivery driver
Bob and Valerie, 64, were given the all-clear by paramedics.
But the fire destroyed their bungalow and the couple have lost all their possessions.
Bob said: "We’ve lost everything, it entered the utility room and then got into the kitchen, there’s nothing left of it. The conservatory is gone, everything in living room has been melted."
The local community has raised almost £4,000 for the two families who lost their homes in the fire.
East Sussex Fire and Rescue Service also reminded homeowners of the importance of working smoke alarms.
Group manager Simon Neill said: “The householders all had working smoke alarms which meant that when this incident happened, they were quickly alerted to the fire and were able to self-evacuate promptly.
"This shows just how important it is to make sure you have alarms on every level of your house.
"We can help you find the best place to put them, give you additional safety advice and in many cases, provide you with the alarms themselves."
Source: Read Full Article