Jason Miller says Trump is ready to get back on campaign trail

Jason Miller says Trump is ready to get back on campaign trail while adviser Steve Cortes says he is ‘upbeat and assertive’ despite President’s doctor saying he’s ‘not yet out of the woods’

  • Senior Trump campaign adviser Jason Miller said Sunday that when Donald Trump is ‘out of the hospital, he’s ready to get back to the campaign trail’ 
  • Fellow senior campaign adviser Steve Cortes said Sunday that Trump is ‘as upbeat and assertive as he’s ever been’ 
  • He added: ‘This president is going to recover’ 
  • Comments come the morning after White House Physician, Navy Commander Dr. Sean Conley, said in a briefing Saturday Trump is ‘not yet out of the woods’
  • Trump released a video with him working from the Presidential Suite at Walter Reed Saturday evening where he said he will ‘be back soon’ 

Donald Trump’s campaign advisers Jason Miller and Steve Cortes give the latest update on his condition Sunday in claiming the president is eager to get back to campaigning even though his top doctor says he is not yet ‘out of the woods.’

Miller, the campaign’s senior adviser, said he spoke to Trump recently and said the president told him ‘he’s going to defeat this virus… and our campaign is going to defeat this virus.’

‘Once he gets out of the hospital, he’s ready to get back to the campaign trail,’ Miller told NBC’s Chuck Todd during an interview on ‘Meet the Press’ Sunday morning. ‘He sounded pretty energetic.’

‘But he said something else that I thought that was important too,’ Miller said, ‘and that was to be careful, and that was to remind folks to wash their hands, use hand sanitizer, make sure that if you can’t socially distance, distance to wear a mask. And I thought that was a pretty important message to send and a reminder to the rest of the country.’

Cortes, another senior campaign adviser, reiterated the president’s fitness during an interview with Chris Wallace on ‘Fox News Sunday.’

‘He’s doing well,’ Cortes attested. 

Senior Trump campaign adviser Jason Miller said Sunday that the president is ‘ready to get back to the campaign trail’

Fellow senior campaign adviser Steve Cortes (right) told Fox News’ Chris Wallace (left): ‘He was as upbeat and assertive as he’s ever been’ and claimed: ‘This president is going to recover’

The comments come the morning after White House Physician, Navy Commander  Dr. Sean Conley, said in a briefing Trump is ‘not yet out of the woods’ 

‘We spoke to the president yesterday, we meaning senior campaign staff,’ Cortes said. ‘He was as upbeat and assertive as he’s ever been.’

He added: ‘This president is going to recover, we are highly confident of that.’

Trump announced overnight Thursday via Twitter that he and first lady Melania tested positive for coronavirus as the two took a test following the revelation that Counselor to the President Hope Hicks received a positive diagnosis hours earlier.

Trump’s chief doctor, Navy Commander Sean Conley, along with other doctors gave an update on the president’s condition during a briefing Saturday.

‘While not yet out of the woods, the team remains cautiously optimistic,’ Conley said, adding that Trump moved around his medical suite without difficulty as he conducted business.

The White House physician also said that Trump had been exhibiting ‘clinical indications’ of coronavirus as early as Thursday afternoon.

There are conflicting reports and statements on whether the president has needed supplemental oxygen at any point since arriving at Walter Reed Friday or how high his fever has reached.

Trump provided his own account of his medical condition on Saturday evening, releasing a video of him working from the presidential suite at the hospital in a white button down with no tie and the first button undone.

He said in the video that he is feeling better and will ‘be back soon.’

Trump released a video with him working from the Presidential Suite at Walter Reed Saturday where he said he will ‘be back soon’

‘I spoke with the President yesterday afternoon and he’s in very good spirits,’ Miller said. ‘Both Bill Stepien, the campaign manager, and I spent about a half hour on the phone with the president and going through all the updates on what’s going on with the campaign.’

Miller also said he believes the campaign, White House and medical team are just taking ‘very precautionary’ steps toward ensuring the president’s health.

It appears the two ‘spreader’ events could have been when Trump announced Amy Coney Barrett’s nomination to the Supreme Court at the White House last Saturday and during his rally Wednesday in Minnesota.

Hicks, who traveled with the president to the rally this week, tested positive for coronavirus hours after the event – where she was in close proximity to the president and several of his White House and campaign staffer.

Several individuals who participated in Trump’s debate prep last week, including former New Jersey Governor Chris Christie and former White House Counselor Kellyanne Conway, tested positive for coronavirus.

Miller told ABC News’ ‘This Week’ on Sunday morning that he tested negative on Friday – as well as Senior Advisor to the President Stephen Miller and former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani, who also participated in debate preparations.

Source: Read Full Article