Man accused of killing Philly Dunkin’ manager now charged with killing own mother

More On:


4-year-old girl allegedly killed by mom who forced her to stand for 3 days

Prominent SC mom, son were sent threats before murders, family reveals

Top SC prosecutor found wife and son shot dead near their home: authorities

Three Honolulu officers charged in deadly shooting of teen suspect

A suspected serial killer charged in the fatal shooting of a Philadelphia Dunkin’ store manager has been nabbed in his mother’s murder, prosecutors said.

Keith Gibson, 39, will face murder charges in connection to the shooting death of his mother, Christine Gibson, in February, the Philadelphia District Attorney’s Office announced on Wednesday

When his mother’s body was found at her workplace in Philly, Gibson had been on parole after serving time in prison for a previous slaying in Delaware, NBC Philadelphia reported.

Police at the time investigated him in his mother’s death, ultimately detaining him because the woman’s neighbors spotted him in the city in violation of his parole.

“At that point, we could not link him to the murder,” Philadelphia Chief Inspector Frank Vanore told reporters.

But after further investigation and forensic testing in the case, prosecutors were able to file charges Wednesday against Gibson, news station WPVI reported.

Police said they believe that Gibson is linked to a series of other murders, including the fatal shooting of 40-year-old Dunkin’ manager Christine Lugo on June 5 in Kensington.

Gibson allegedly took $300 and fatally shot the mother of two in the head about 5:30 a.m. as she was opening the store for business, police said.

He was arrested in connection to the murder after he allegedly pistol-whipped a Rite Aid cashier in a separate incident in Wilmington, Del., police said.

Gibson is also being probed in the slaying of a MetroPCS cellphone store manager in Elsmere in May, news station NBC10 reported.

He is also a person of interest in the deaths of two men who were found gunned down at a North Philadelphia store in January, as well in the fatal street robbery of a man in Delaware early Sunday, the outlet reported.

Share this article:

Source: Read Full Article