Meghan and Harry launch legal bid to ban Archie pics 'taken by paparazzi drone' above their LA mansion
MEGHAN Markle and Prince Harry have launched a legal bid today in an attempt to ban the publication of photos of their son Archie.
The couple claims that the pictures were taken by a drone that flew above their Los Angeles mansion.
⚠️Read our Meghan and Harry blog for the latest news on the Royal couple.
They have accused the paparazzi of using misleading captions on the pictures of 14-month-old Archie who was in their back garden.
The captions allegedly suggest that the images were taken in a public space but they duo claim that Archie has not been in public since they arrived in LA.
According to the Daily Mail, the ex-Royal couple’s attorney, Michael Kump, said: “The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are filing this lawsuit to protect their young son's right to privacy in their home without intrusion by photographers and to uncover and stop those who seek to profit from these illegal actions.
“This is not an innocent mistake, but an intentional attempt to evade liability.
“This is a race against the clock because there is a significant risk these illegally-taken photos could be published in the United States or United Kingdom any day."
In their invasion of privacy lawsuit, the couple alleges that drones flew a "mere 20 feet above the house as often as three times a day.”
Judge Karlan granted Kump’s application for an order to serve subpoenas on three Los Angeles photo agencies that could be handling the pictures of Archie.
Meghan and Prince Harry are trying to “unmask” the photographers who took the pictures and are trying to protect their one-year-old son from a paparazzi “feeding frenzy”.
Additionally, they accused photographers of “intimidation, harassment and the addition of a very real security threat on top of what already exists.”
Claiming that some paparazzi "have crossed a red line," they said they have taken several measures to ensure their privacy including the installation of a large mesh fence.
The couple has been living in Hollywood producer Tyler Perry’s £13.7million Beverly Hills mansion since March.
In May The Sun reported that Meghan and Harry had been living in fear at their home after they claimed drones had flown over their home trying to take photos of them and Archie.
At least five drone-related incidents have reportedly been called in to the LAPD's non-emergency line throughout May.
It is reported the couple spotted drones over the mansion on May 9, 19, 20, 21 and 25.
An LAPD spokesman said a report of the May 20 incident read: “Unknown suspects were flying a drone in the area and they were last seen on Coldwater Canyon.”
A police report for the Memorial Day attack said that “a drone was flying over residences” and that it is “an ongoing drone issue.”
Source: Read Full Article