Meghan Markle and Prince Harry had ‘no control over final edit or production’ of explosive Oprah interview
MEGHAN Markle and Prince Harry had no control over the final edit or production of their explosive Oprah interview, it was reported today.
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex's tell-all chat will be aired on Sunday – with the chatshow queen saying "no subject is off limits" in the two-hour special.
👑 Read our Meghan and Harry live blog for the latest news...
Insiders have suggested the interview will give the couple a chance to give their side of the story after sensationally quitting the Royal Family and moving to the US.
But the Telegraph today reported the couple were not involved in the edit and had no control over the final production.
It comes as producers are reportedly refusing to pull the chat despite one insider saying it has the potential to detonate a “diplomatic bomb” if the Duke of Edinburgh’s health worsens.
It is unclear whether Harry, 36, has reached out to makers CBS or Winfrey to postpone the release of the interview due to the health of his grandfather.
Philip, 99, was moved to a different hospital yesterday while he battles an infection and pre-existing heart condition.
A TV insider suggested CBS will go ahead regardless after selling “millions of dollars” worth of advertising and have “no loyalty to the Royal Family”.
They told the Mirror: “CBS has sold millions of dollars worth of advertising around the interview, but bosses are aware of the delicacy of the Duke’s heath."
The programme will be aired on Sunday night in the US with reports that ITV bought the rights to the interview for £1m and will broadcast the prime-time special on Monday night.
Previews clips released this week have already hinted that "nothing will be off limits" in the interview with the Sussexes.
Prince Harry, 36, and Meghan, 39, were seen holding hands in the clips believe to have been filmed in Santa Barbara – but not the couple's house.
At one point, Harry told Oprah his concerns history would repeat itself, hinting at the tragic death of his mother Princess Diana.
He said: "You know for me, I'm just really relieved and happy to be sitting here, talking to you, with my wife by my side.
"Because I can't begin to imagine what it must have been like for her, going through this process by herself. All those years ago.
"Because it's been unbelievably tough for the two of us, but at least we had each other."
In another clip, Oprah is heard asking Meghan: "Were you silent, or were you silenced?"
She then added: "I just want to make it clear to everybody there is no subject that is off limits.
"Almost unsurvivable, sounds like there was a breaking point."
The interview was also lengthened from the expected one and a half hours to two.
It's been reported the Queen was "blindsided" by Harry and Meghan's announcement of a "tell-all" interview with Oprah.
The royal couple apparently failed to inform the monarch of their plans before revealing they'll chat to the American chat show host.
And she only learned of it when US TV network CBS hurriedly issued a statement on Monday – after a producer working for Ms Winfrey mistakenly alerted ITV of the plans, the Mail on Sunday reported.
News of the big interview emerged after the couple announced Meghan's third pregnancy – and days before Buckingham Palace confirmed the pair will never return as senior royals.
The couple moved to the US last year after Megxit, buying a home in California.
They have since launched the Archewell Foundation, along with a podcast with Spotify and a production deal with Netflix.
Source: Read Full Article