Meghan Markle ‘doesn’t want to return to UK’ and wants to raise Archie in Canada

Meghan Markle does not want to return to Britain and wants to raise Archie in Canada, it has been claimed.

Sources have alleged the Duchess of Sussex was left “miserable” by her life in the UK.

It is claimed it was her “plan all along” to move back across the Atlantic to “build her own empire with Harry”.

Meghan is currently in Canada with eight-month-old Archie while her husband held summit talks with Prince William, Prince Charles and The Queen.

It was confirmed last night by the Royals the couple will be leaving The Firm following a “transition period”.

The Duchess is said to have the backing of her mum Doria Ragland, who was “really worried” about her daughter.

  • Princess Diana's ex-bodyguard tells of revealing moment Harry scowled at William

  • Prince Charles warns Prince Harry and Meghan Markle he won’t ‘prop up their lifestyle’

  • Meghan Markle 'barred from Sandringham summit crisis talks' as Queen speaks out

“She doesn’t want to raise Archie there and she doesn’t want to schlep back and forth,” a pal told the Daily Mail.

“She’ll make extended visits but that’s it.

“They are looking for a permanent residence in Canada. She said she wants a country house in Whistler outside of Vancouver and a home in Toronto.”

Meghan and Harry spent Christmas and New Year in Canada where they are believed plotted their scheme to quit the Royal Family.

The Queen confirmed last night there will be a “transition period” with the couple splitting their time between the UK and Canada.

  • Meghan Markle has 'her mum's backing' as she steps down from Royal role

  • Harry are Meghan are 'stifled' by royals like Princess Diana – Paul Burrell claims

“What Meghan wants, Meghan gets. This was her plan all along, to eventually leave the UK and build her own empire with Harry,” the insider said.

“Meghan wants to make millions and this was never going to happen if she didn’t make a drastic change with Harry.

“She wants to be up there with Jeff Bezos and Warren Buffet.”

Meghan plans for the Sussexes to have a “billion dollar empire” –with the pal saying “this what she wanted all along”.

The Duchess has reportedly confided in friends the announcement “was not a surprise to the Royal Family”.

  • Kate Middleton looks troubled leaving palace during royal crisis talks

  • The Queen ‘feels let down’ by ‘beastly’ Prince Harry over Royal split with Meghan Markle

Meghan had previously hinted at her unhappiness with her position during an ITV documentary last October.

“Not many people have asked if I'm okay… It's a very real thing to be going through behind the scenes,” she said.

“Look, any woman especially when they are pregnant you're really vulnerable and so that was made really challenging, and then when you have a newborn – you know.”

When asked if things had been a struggle for her, an upset Meghan replies: “Yes”.

Her mum Doria has reportedly been encouraging Meghan to take this “path less travelled” and be “true to herself”.

  • Prince Harry ‘could stay in Royal Family with Queen making offer he can’t refuse’

  • Prince Harry denies claims Prince William 'bullied' him and Meghan Markle out of Royals

Meghan and Harry announced their plans last Wednesday to leave the so-called Firm to form a “progressive new role”.

The announcements sent shockwaves through the Royals, with reports Charles and William only knew 10 minutes before the announcement was posted online.

The Queen was reportedly deeply hurt by the move, which came after months of rumours about a growing rift between the Royals and Harry and Meghan.

After much speculation about their future, Harry, Charles, William and The Queen finally met face-to-face yesterday to thrash out a plan.

Harry is expected to follow Meghan back to Canada this week, and it is unclear when he will return to Britain.

  • Prince Harry leaves 'King Charles' plans to streamline royal family' in ruins

  • Meghan Markle has ‘spent six hours in Sussex’ since becoming Duchess of county

Meghan was not involved in yesterday’s conference, with the Duchess of Sussex barred from joining due to concerns about eavesdropping via Skype.

The Queen has reportedly ordered staff to find solutions to further questions about the Sussexes’ new position “within days”.

Royal aides are expected to draw up guidelines about what the Harry and Meghan can use their branding for in future commercial ventures.

Prince Charles has reportedly warned Harry and Meghan he will not prop up their new lifestyle – with the heir-to-throne already giving them a £2.3 million allowance from the Duchy of Cornwall.

It is expected Harry and Meghan are going to look to capitalise on brand Sussex, starting new business ventures, sponsorships and even looking for more movie roles for The Duchess.

  • Piers Morgan accuses guest of race-baiting in furious Good Morning Britain row

  • Oprah denies Meghan Markle and Prince Harry set for tell-all TV interview

The Queen has indicated the Duke and Duchess of Sussex are to start a more "independent life" away from full-time royal duties.

They will begin a transition period of splitting their time between the UK and Canada.

She said her family "respect and understand" their wishes for more independence while still remaining a "valued part" of the monarchy.

In a highly unusual move Harry and Meghan were not referred to as the duke and duchess in the statement, only as the Sussexes and by their first names.

It has raised questions about whether they will retain their titles in the future.

  • Prince Harry ‘heartbroken’ as he faces ‘choice between Meghan Markle and The Queen’

  • Meghan Markle and Prince Harry 'to exchange strategies on WhatsApp' at Sandringham talks

Talks between the four Royals – the first time they met face-to-face since Harry went public with his plans – were described as “very constructive”.

It is unusual for the Queen to issue a statement in her own name – when not paying condolences following a natural disaster or the death of a world leader.

The move is seen as symbolic of the sovereign taking charge of the crisis that threatens to cause lasting damage to the monarchy.

  • The Queen fears Prince Harry and Meghan Markle will 'do a Diana' with tell-all interview

  • Prince Harry sent love on national ‘Kiss A Ginger day’ after Royal family split

The head of state also expressed the "support" of herself and the rest of the family for the couple's aspiration to create a new life together with their eight-month-old son Archie.

But she stressed the discussions were "complex matters" for her family to resolve but she wanted "final decisions" in the "coming days".

Harry and Meghan made clear in their statement last week they want to step back from being senior Royals, become financially independent and split their time between North America and the UK.

  • Fears Meghan Markle may call royals 'racist' in ‘no-holds barred’ interview

  • Prince Philip 'spitting blood' as he hits out after Meghan and Harry step down

The Queen said: "Today my family had very constructive discussions on the future of my grandson and his family. My family and I are entirely supportive of Harry and Meghan's desire to create a new life as a young family.

"Although we would have preferred them to remain full-time working Members of the Royal Family, we respect and understand their wish to live a more independent life as a family while remaining a valued part of my family.

Read More

Harry and Meghan

  • Meghan was 'on the brink' before split
  • Princess Diana would be 'furious'
  • William speaks of 'sadness'
  • Angry Prince Philip 'spitting blood'
  • Harry 'tries to get Meg Disney job'
  • Meghan 'flew back on a budget'
  • Queen stony-faced ahead of crisis talks
  • Meg accused Posh of leaking stories

"Harry and Meghan have made clear that they do not want to be reliant on public funds in their new lives.

"It has therefore been agreed that there will be a period of transition in which the Sussexes will spend time in Canada and the UK.

"These are complex matters for my family to resolve, and there is some more work to be done, but I have asked for final decisions to be reached in the coming days."

Source: Read Full Article