Prince Harry and Meghan Markle 'to have a ONE night mini-moon in Ireland'
PRINCE Harry and Meghan Markle are to jet off on a one night mini-moon to Ireland.
The newlyweds will enjoy a romantic getaway on the Emerald Isle after tying the knot during a star-studded ceremony at Windsor Castle.
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are delaying longer trips together due to a packed royal schedule, as a break from tradition sees them getting straight back to work.
It is believed courtiers see Harry and Meghan as "super envoys" who can travel the world and promote the Royal Family.
The couple have been tipped to go to a dazzling array of exotic locations for their honeymoon including Botswana, Hawaii, Mexico and the Caribbean.
Prince Charles’ 70th birthday patronage garden party at Buckingham Palace will be the first event they attend as the new Duke and Duchess of Sussex on Tuesday.
Where will Prince Harry and Meghan Markle go on their honeymoon?
It hasn’t been announced where the couple will fly to for a romantic break but here are some locations known to be loved by the new Duke and Duchess of Sussex.
- Namibia – Their most likely destination is the Commonwealth nation that offers its visitors privacy and discretion. Harry fell in love with the country in 2015 when he spent the summer working there with the Save the Rhino Trust, and its safari destinations are so remote that many can only be accessed by chartered bush planes. The stunning Hoanib Valley Camp (where the couple are rumoured to be staying) offers plenty of luxury, too.
- Rwanda – Both Meghan and Harry are passionate advocates for humanitarian work in Africa, and Rwanda has a particular pull for Meghan. She visited the country as a World Vision Global Ambassador, and the country has plenty to offer in way of honeymoon experiences.
- Barbados – Harry is a big fan of Barbados, and has visited several times – including celebrating its 50th anniversary of independence. He enjoys the polo scene out there, and Meghan would probably love the exotic destination.
- Hawaii – Meghan was raised in LA, but has gushed in the past about childhood holidays spent in Hawaii, which is a popular honeymoon destination for many couples. With its stunning beaches, colourful reefs and relaxed vibe, it could be a good choice for the royals.
- Botswana – This African country is a special location for the engaged couple. The loved-up couple committed to marriage when they were camping under the stars in the African wilderness, just a year after they started dating. Harry sourced the main stone in the engagement ring from Botswana, which is one of the world’s most renowned places for diamond mining.
- Zambia – The newlyweds have already visited Zambia for a holiday so could it have won them over? Last year they stayed in the lap of luxury at a £2,500-a-night safari lodge complete with chef, butlers and private guide.
- Nevis, the Caribbean – Nevis is a top honeymoon spot for couples worldwide, and Prince Harry has visited before with Princess Diana, and as part of a royal tour on behalf of the Queen. It offers plenty of privacy for the couple, who are two of the most photographed people on the planet, and would be an ideal haven for the newlyweds.
Source: Read Full Article