Queen 'putting faith in Prince Harry and Meghan Markle they won't damage the Royal Family' with Oprah Winfrey interview

THE Queen is putting her faith in Prince Harry and Meghan Markle that they won't damage the Royal Family in their upcoming interview with Oprah Winfrey.

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex will sit down with the chat show queen in a tell-all chat to be broadcast next month – and are expected to speak about life as royals and their decision to quit the Firm.

👑 Read our Meghan and Harry live blog for the latest news and gossip...

Oprah's pal Gayle King yesterday said "nothing will be off limits" in the interview, which will reportedly be recorded this week.

But royal sources have today said Meghan and Harry – who this week also announced they are expecting their second child together – will not say anything that undermines the Queen.

Veteran royal watcher Joe Little, managing editor of Majesty magazine, told the Express: "The Queen will put faith in the loyalty of her grandson and the fact that he will always be a member of the Royal Family and, she will hope, won't want to damage the monarchy."

He added: "This isn't going to be an unscripted interview. It's going to be carefully thought out and choreographed. But looking at the history of royal interviews, you just wonder if this will trip them."

It comes as…

  • Thomas Markle today revealed he hopes to meet his grandkids one day after it was announced Meghan Markle was pregnant
  • Prince Harry is said to be upset at speculation he will lose his military titles 12 months after quitting the Royal Family
  • Oprah Winfrey is said to have pursued an interview with the couple since attending their 2018 wedding
  • The chat show queen had only met Meghan once before being invited to the Royal Wedding
  • Royal sources claimed the couple will have no way back into the Royal Family after the interview

It has been reported Prince Harry, 36, still has a good relationship with the Queen despite Megxit, which saw the couple walk away from their roles as senior members of the Royal Family last year.

And Harry, who is widely reported to have a strained relationship with his brother Prince William, is said to be keen not to upset the 94-year-old monarch.

The interview special – to be aired on March 7 – has been billed as a prime time special that will see Meghan, 39, speak about topics ranging from “stepping into life as a royal, marriage, motherhood, philanthropic work, to how she is handling life under intense public pressure".

It is believed the couple want their primetime interview with the chat show queen to mark the start of a new chapter in their lives.





But an insider said: “It’s hardly likely to build bridges but there is always the chance the finished product is very tame.”

The couple moved to the US last year with son Archie after quitting the royal family.

They have since signed deals with Netflix and Spotify to provide content with former Suits star Meghan recently investing in a vegan coffee business.

But The Sun today revealed the new deals mean Prince Harry is likely to lose his military titles amid fears TV bosses could use them to promote his Netflix documentaries and US talk shows.

Patronages such as the Rugby Football Union and National Theatre, which the couple were granted as working royals, are unlikely to be returned — even though Palace insiders point out they have so far fulfilled a promise to “uphold the values of Her Majesty”.

The couple have around 18 royal and private patronages but have not returned to the UK for 11 months.

In the wake of the announcement, one royal insider has said there is "a great deal of nervousness" at the Palace.

One royal source told the Mirror: "One only has to look at the previous instalments of the tell-all interview to know these things never end up with a wholly positive experience for any party.

"Everyone will be watching with intense interest."

Buckingham Palace has been approached for comment.


Source: Read Full Article