Schoolboy, 12, dies after being crushed by overturned bouncy castle during party

A schoolboy has died from horrific injuries after being crushed by a bouncy castle tipped over by a sudden gust of strong wind in Kazakhstan.

Borya Rudakov, 12, was celebrating the last day of school when the fatal accident occurred in the city of Karaganda in central Kazakhstan's Karaganda Region.

He was enjoying the holiday with his mum on May 25 in the Central Park stuffed with different kinds of amusement devices.

Borya was walking past an inflatable castle when a sudden gust of strong wind flipped it over and threw it on him.

The huge device fell on the boy and crushed him to death before knocking down a concrete lamp post, reports said.

Borya was later found lying under the inflatable with one of his arms torn off the body, witnesses say.

The paramedics reportedly arrived at the scene four minutes after the accident and confirmed the boy's death.

Among other victims were a seven-year-old schoolgirl and a 15-year-old boy, who is a high school student. They were rushed to intensive care in a critical condition and both are fighting for their lives.

Trauma doctor Erik Shonbaev from Makazhanov Hospital said to local media: ''The girl was diagnosed with a head injury, blunt abdominal trauma and broken ribs.

''The teenage boy got fractures to his arm and leg, a head injury and chest trauma.

''Their condition is grave.''

A preliminary investigation has found the bouncy castle was installed with violation of safety rules, local media report.

The tragedy caused huge public outrage with a lot of people demanding punishment for those responsible.

The people's anger increased even more after they learned that the device was installed in the park illegally and belonged to a top official.

It turned out that the inflatable castle belonged to Erlan Rakishev, 40, who has headed the local Fire Department for 19 years.

After the accident it became known that Rakishev 'resigned from his post at his own request'.

The man was arrested and taken into custody.

Police have issued charges against Rakishev over provision of services that do not meet safety requirements, which caused the death of a person.

He faces up to eight years in prison if found guilty.

The head of Recreation and Urban Park Management Rustam Kodebaev reportedly said that 'the bouncy castle was secretly installed in the territory of the park' during an official post-tragedy meeting of the city authorities.

Yesterday Kodebaev was fired from his post by the mayor Nurlan Aubakirov due to the accident.

Borya Rudakov was due to be buried today. He was being raised by his mother and grandmother after his father died five years ago.

The Last Bell celebration is held in Kazakhstan's schools marking the end of classes before the long summer holidays.

Source: Read Full Article