Three more bodies found in rubble of Florida building collapse
florida building collapse
Evacuated Florida building near collapsed condo reportedly deemed safe
Remaining portion of Florida condo leveled in controlled demolition
Demolition to begin at site of Florida building collapse
‘Close to zero’ chance of finding Florida collapse victims alive: Israeli colonel
Three more bodies were pulled from the rubble of the Florida condo building that collapsed late last month, according to a report.
The new find brings the unofficial death toll from the June 24 tragedy to 27, with 118 people still unaccounted for, WTVJ-TV reported.
A press briefing will be held late Monday morning — when the numbers are expected to be made official.
Hundreds of first-responders resumed search and rescue operations at the site of Champlain Towers South after a remaining portion of the building was demolished Sunday night.
The controlled demolition was required because the remaining portion of the doomed building was structurally unsound and threatened to endanger rescue efforts, according to officials overseeing the work.
Miami-Dade Mayor Daniella Levine Cava said officials were also worried that Tropical Storm Elsa, which is due to hit parts of Florida this week, could topple the structure.
Relatives of the missing are housed at a nearby hotel while the digging continues — with hopes of finding any survivors growing less likely.
“I believe right now that the chances are close to zero, unfortunately,” Col. Golan Vach, who is leading an Israeli rescue team at the site, told WPLG-TV Sunday.
Share this article:
Source: Read Full Article