Tom Fletcher backs our campaign to get kids reading and wants to see band’s books McFly off the shelves – The Sun
POPSTAR turned author Tom Fletcher is backing our Books For Schools campaign to be a big hit.
The McFly frontman says: “The Sun’s campaign sounds fantastic.”
We have teamed up with publishers HarperCollins to give primary schools the chance to get their hands on more than 100 Collins Big Cat books — absolutely FREE.
There are more than two million books up for grabs and it is so easy for schools to get involved — just follow the steps below.
Once each school has registered then collected enough tokens we will send out a pack of books, including titles from Julia Donaldson and Michael
Each Sun box also contains a bonus book, There’s A Snake In My School, by David Walliams.
Dad-of-three Tom, 34, adds: “Learning to read is the foundation of our education and I understand it even more now as an author and as a father.
“Books are a focal point of our bedtime routine. Some of the most magical moments as a dad are sharing a book. “It’s a privilege to write books and know that in the future, people might still be sharing my books with their kids.”
Find out more
1. Get your school to register at thesun.co.uk/booksforschools by Friday, November 22, 2019. Only schools can register, so encourage yours to sign up
2. Help your school collect 3,500 tokens from The Sun and The Sun on Sunday between Saturday, November 23, 2019, and Saturday, January 18, 2020
3. Once your school has 3,500 tokens, they will need to return them by Saturday, February 8, 2020
4. Your school will receive the books in March 2020
- The Christmasaurus And The Winter Witch written by Tom Fletcher and illustrated by Shane Devries, published by Puffin is out now.
- T&Cs apply. Online registration required. Multiple token collect. See thesun.co.uk/booksforschools
Source: Read Full Article