Two sex attackers took it in turns to rape teenage girl after she was abducted outside Tube station

TWO sex attackers who took it in turns to rape a teenage girl after she was abducted from outside a Tube station have been jailed for more than 15 years. 

Abdi Ahmed, 32, approached the 16-year-old outside Camden underground station, where she had been using one of the station’s mobile phone charging ports in the early hours of May 5 last year. 


Ahmed asked her to call him a cab, before pressuring her to come with him – and told the terrified girl he had killed people before. 

He took her to a nearby hostel, but was told overnight guests were not allowed, Wood Green Crown Court heard.

Ahmed then took the girl to Mohamed Ahmed's flat in Camden where they took it in turns to rape her.

The teenager managed to call cops from the bathroom and give a vague location. Officers managed to track her phone and arrived at the address shortly after. 

As he was being arrested, Mohamed, 41, told officers: “The most I've probably done is touch her hair.”

The victim was found with bruises to her neck and chest.

'DANGEROUS INDIVIDUALS'

Ahmed, of Kentish Town, north London, admitted three counts of rape and was jailed for nine years.

Mohamed, of Camden, north London, admitted to a count of rape and was jailed for six years and 10 months.

They were both placed on the sex offenders' register.

Tanyia Dogra, from the Crown Prosecution Service, said: “These men took advantage of a vulnerable young teenager. 

“They claimed the young victim had consented to sexual activity – but with the overwhelming prosecution evidence against them, these rapists changed their pleas.

“The evidence against Ahmed and Mohamed included compelling testimony from the 16-year-old victim who was brave enough to lock herself in the bathroom and call the police when she got the opportunity.

“Rape can affect anyone from any walk of life. Such offences are some of the most serious and complex cases to prosecute. I hope this prosecution plays some part in helping the victim to move forward.”

Detective Inspector Wood from the Met's Central North Command area Public Protection Team said: “Both of these men are highly dangerous individuals and the sentencing today reflects this. 

“The victim has shown tremendous resilience throughout this ordeal, the police investigation and subsequent trial.”

Source: Read Full Article