Where are the Covid mass vaccination centres in England?
ANOTHER 39 coronavirus mass vaccination sites across England are opening their doors in early February with the total number of sites now more than 1,500.
England now has almost 90 large vaccination centres and 192 sites run by High Street pharmacies plus 250 hospital hubs and 1,000 GP centres, according to the NHS.
🦠 Read our coronavirus live blog for the latest news & updates
Where are the Covid mass vaccination centres?
The government initially opened seven centres in London, Newcastle, Manchester, Birmingham, Bristol, Surrey and Stevenage.
The locations are:
- Robertson House in Stevenage
- ExCel Centre in London
- Centre for Life in Newcastle
- Etihad Tennis Centre in Manchester
- Epsom Downs Racecourse in Surrey
- Ashton Gate Stadium in Bristol
- Millennium Point in Birmingham
Ten further were added on January 18:
- Bournemouth International Centre, Dorset
- Taunton Racecourse, Somerset
- Blackburn Cathedral, Lancashire
- Slough Salt Hill Activity Centre, Berkshire
- Norwich Food Court, Norfolk
- The Lodge in Wickford, Essex
- Princess Royal Sports Arena, Boston, Lincolnshire
- St Helens Rugby Ground, Merseyside
- Park-and-ride at Askham Bar, York
- Olympic Office Centre, Wembley
33 more were added on January 15:
- Bath and West Showground, Somerset
- Bath Racecourse
- Salisbury City Hall
- Home Park – Plymouth Argyle FC
- Stithians Showground, Truro, Cornwall
- Westpoint Centre ltd, Devon
- Peterborough City Care Centre
- Harlow Leisurezone, Essex
- Redgrave Children’s Centre, Luton
- Gainsborough Sports Centre, Ipswich
- Hornsey Central Neighbourhood Health Centre, Crouch End
- Westfield Stratford City- old Ikea and Dwell retail unit
- The Francis Crick Institute
- Hawks Road Health Clinic, Kingston, London
- Black Country Living Museum, Dudley
- Peepul Centre, Leicester
- Hall 1, Stoneleigh Park Agricultural Centre, Warwickshire
- Derby Arena
- Artix Centre, Bromsgrove
- Royal Pavilion, Moulton Park, Northants
- Former Wickes Store, Mansfield
- Telford International Centre
- Units G,H & I, Daniel Platts Business Park, Staffs
- FlyDSA Arena, Sheffield
- Spectrum Community Health CIC, Wakefield
- Sunderland Nightingale
- Brighton Centre
- Debenhams, Folkestone
- Oxford Kassam Stadium
- Southampton CCG Offices
- Blackpool Winter Gardens
- Lancaster Town Hall
- Grafton Centre, Cambridge
Another 39 large-scale hubs opened on February 4. These included a fire station in Hampshire and Crystal Palace's football ground.
- Riverwalk School, Bury
- Alastair Farquhason Centre, Thurrock
- Angel Centre, Tonbridge
- Avanti Meadows School, Stortford
- Bedford Heights
- Chelmsford Racecourse
- Clacton Hospital, Clacton-on-sea
- Cliffs Pavilion, Southend
- Colchester FC, Jobserve Community Stadium, Colchester
- Connaught Hall, Attleborough
- Corn Exchange Theatre, Kings Lynn
- Crawley Hospital
- Horsefair Supermarket, Wisbech
- North Walsham Community Centre, North Walsham
- Oak Tree Centre, Huntingdon
- Priory House, Shefford
- Hexagon Place, Welwyn Garden City
- CP House, Ealing
- Crystal Palace FC, Selhurst Park, London
- Dugdale Centre, Enfield
- Harlequins, The Stoop, Twickenham
- Lewisham Hospital, London
- Queen Elizabeth Hospital, London
- St Thomas Hospital, London
- Elgar House, Hereford
- Kingston Centre, Stafford
- Lincs Showground, Lincoln
- Ludlow Racecourse, Ludlow
- St Peters Church, Worcester
- The Bowling Centre, Shrewsbury
- Jacob’s Well, Bradford
- John Smith’s Stadium, Huddersfield
- Glaxo Sports Centre, Ulverston
- Westmorland Shopping Centre, Cumbria
- Basingstoke Fire Station, Basingstoke
- Hamble House, St James Hospital, Southsea
- Riverside Centre, Isle of Wight
- Welcome Building, Devonshire Quarter, Eastbourne
- Woodville Halls, Gravesend
- Royal Cornwall Showground, Wadebridge
The hubs join the 1,000 GP-led surgeries and more than 250 hospitals involved in the vaccination programme.
What other facilities could become a mass vaccination centre?
There are several other areas under consideration, these are:
- Derby Arena
- Black Country Living Museum, Dudley
- Malvern's Three Counties' Showground, Worcestershire
- Villa Park, home of Aston Villa FC
- Leicester Racecourse
Health Secretary Matt Hancock said: “I’m delighted the fire and rescue services are joining forces with our frontline health and social care workers in delivering the largest vaccination programme in our country’s history.
“39 new large-scale vaccination centres and an extra 62 pharmacy sites will help us meet our target of offering the most vulnerable, and those who care for them, their first jab by 15 February.”
Supermarket giant Morrisons has also confirmed its car parks in Yeovil, Wakefield and Winsford will also operate drive-through vaccination centres.
There are also another 47 car parks up for grabs, the chain said.
Tottenham Hotspur's stadium, The Royal Vauxhall Tavern and G-A-Y in the capital have also all volunteered to act as vaccination centres.
How many vaccines are given daily at vaccination centres?
As of February 2, more than 10million people had been given the Covid vaccine.
The exact number is 10,490,487 as of February 3, that's the equivalent of one in five UK adults.
The NHS doled out 469,016 first doses on that day.
Hancock hailed the “hugely significant milestone”, saying: “Every jab makes us all a bit safer. I want to thank everyone playing their part.”
One in five adults have now had their first dose of a Covid vaccine.
NHS England said the new hubs would offer "thousands" of jabs a week.
Sir Simon Stevens, head of NHS England, said Brits are being vaccinated four times faster than cases of the virus are being detected.
He told the BBC 140 people a minute were being given the jab.
The NHS is now well on course to vaccinate 15million of the highest-risk Brits by mid-February.
What is the vaccination target?
The government has set a target of everyone in the first four priority groups to have received their first jab by February 15, 2021.
That is a total of 15 million people.
Health Secretary Matt Hancock said the UK remained on track to complete its target.
The government intends to offer all adults a vaccine by the autumn.
Source: Read Full Article