Who was TV reporter Jenny Lenzini, 26, and what was the cause of her death?

JENNY Lenzini was a 26-year-old television reporter who was killed in a motorbike accident on November 14 in Florida.

She was riding on the back of a bike that lost control and swerved into a tree.

Who was TV reporter Jenny Lenzini?

Jenny Lenzini was a young television reporter from Chicago who recently died in a tragic accident.

Lenzini started her career as a weekend anchor and multimedia journalist at KTIV in Sioux City, Iowa.

Lenzini, 26, had just started in July with Waterman Broadcasting – which operates channels NBC2 and ABC7 in southwest Florida, WBBH-TV reported.

In the last several months, the beloved reporter had covered everything from the coronavirus and Tropical Storm Laura to landing an interview with a local leader of the Proud Boys.

She grew up in the Crystal Lake suburb of Chicago and is survived by five siblings.

How did she die?

Lenzini was killed after a motorcycle she was riding on smashed into a tree.

She was riding on the back of a motorcycle when the driver lost control of the bike and hit a tree on November 14.

The driver died at the scene and the young reporter was flown to a hospital in Sarasota where she died.

What did people say about her death?

“Jenny covered stories that mattered most to our community in Charlotte County and Lee County,” Waterman Broadcasting said.

"She was always diligent in her work and made sure you knew how grateful and thankful she was to be reporting in Southwest Florida."

KTIV news director Keith Bliven said Sunday evening that employees of the station were "all in shock" after learning of the tragedy, the Sioux City Journal reported.

"It's like a gut punch. She had a great future ahead of her, and did great things, and she was going to do great things," Bliven said.

What happened to Nina Kapur?

Lenzini's tragic death comes just months after 26-year-old Nina Kapur, a reporter for CBS2 in New York, was killed while riding on a Revel scooter.

Kapur, who was a passenger on the Vespa-like scooter died after "the operator swerved for an unknown reason” and the two “fell to the roadway as a result,” an NYPD detective told The New York Times.

Source: Read Full Article