Woman, 25, is 'repeatedly stabbed and run over' then left to die

Woman, 25, is ‘repeatedly stabbed and run over’ before being left to die on a neighbour’s driveway in horror attack outside her home

  • The victim was attacked just after 1am this morning outside her Tamworth home
  • Police and ambulance rushed to the scene but they were unable to save her
  • She had suffered repeated stab wounds and then been run over at the house 

A young woman has been discovered murdered outside her home after being repeatedly stabbed and then run over by a car.

The 25-year-old was found seriously injured in Tamworth, Staffs, in the early hours of this morning.

Despite medics’ best attention nothing could be done to save her but a man is also receiving treatment in hospital.

Forensic teams are at the victim’s house collecting evidence after the early morning murder

Police were called to the quiet street just after 1am to reports of an assault in in progress

One office can be seen placing an item of interest into an evidence bag at the murder scene

Staffordshire Police confirmed: “A murder investigation has been launched after a woman died in Tamworth.

“At 1.25am this morning, police were called to reports that a 25-year-old woman had been seriously injured.

“Despite the best efforts of emergency services staff, the woman sadly died at the scene.

“A man, from Tamworth, is currently in hospital receiving treatment. The woman’s family are being supported by specially-trained officers.

A man is currently being treated in hospital after being found injured by 999 crews nearby

The police are expecting to be at the house for the rest of the day piecing together the attack

“Anyone with any information should message Staffordshire Police.’ 

Forensic officers were today inside the woman’s home collecting clues to piece together what had happened to her. 

West Midlands Ambulance Service said they had been contacted by the police just after 1.37am to reports of an assault.

A spokesman said: “We sent three ambulances, two paramedic officers and the MERIT emergency doctor and critical care paramedic to the scene.

“On arrival, crews found a woman with life threatening injuries and worked quickly to administer advanced trauma care to the patient.

“Sadly, despite best efforts nothing could be done to save the woman and she was confirmed dead at the scene.

“A second patient, a man, was treated at the scene before being taken to hospital for further assessment.”

Source: Read Full Article